Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Villa are not counting on @NicklasHelenius as a part of the squad next season.. Pity, but we are looking forward instead of backwards. 1/2

@NicklasHelenius did his very Best, but many reasons behind this.. But great expierience and developement, he is a stronger player now! 2/2

:(

I wonder where Lambert stands with selling players. Buying is fine, but he could sell a player he doesn't like, then get sacked shortly after a takeover, and a new manager might have liked to have kept that player (Helenius) as part of the squad.

Probably surplus now that Benteke most likely won't move. I'd say he was brought in anticipating a move for benteke this summer, giving Helenius a solid year of bedding in.

Shame, I thought he looked good with the ball at his feet. I get the feeling that despite being tall he isn't really a target man that wins headers. I'd like to see him stay and have a chance.

Villa are not counting on @NicklasHelenius as a part of the squad next season.. Pity, but we are looking forward instead of backwards. 1/2

@NicklasHelenius did his very Best, but many reasons behind this.. But great expierience and developement, he is a stronger player now! 2/2

:(

Ridiculous

The problem for players like Helenius and Cornelius (and Okore? .. well, we'll see next season) is, the difference between the Danish league and the Premier League is huge.

Only player in recent memory, who's been able to make that transition sucessfully, is Daniel Agger.

The problem for players like Helenius and Cornelius (and Okore? .. well, we'll see next season) is, the difference between the Danish league and the Premier League is huge.

Only player in recent memory, who's been able to make that transition sucessfully, is Daniel Agger.

The argument though, IMO, is how can he make the step up if he isn't given a chance? If he isn't rewarded with more playing time for scoring and playing well in the minutes he was given?

I personally think it seems odd, the fact that he was completely taken out of the squad due to 'injury' yet seemingly he was fine according to himself and his agent.

I wish him all the best and will actually keep tabs on him, he may have been cheap but its just more money down the drain, quite literally.

• Like 1

I wonder where Lambert stands with selling players. Buying is fine, but he could sell a player he doesn't like, then get sacked shortly after a takeover, and a new manager might have liked to have kept that player (Helenius) as part of the squad.

For me, whilst the club has no imminent buyer - it's either full control or no control. He either continues as manager with all that it entails or he is removed.

only if the takeover is to be concluded in a mtter of weeks should he be told to 'hold fire' on squad changes.

IIRC one of the media reports suggested Lambert had been told to proceed with planning and had been told he needed to move on some of the players who haven't featured before more can be brought in.

There will always be collateral damage if you base your sole transfer dealings on complete unknowns.

Odd though that he never even got a chance to prove himself; He must have been god awful in training!

The problem for players like Helenius and Cornelius (and Okore? .. well, we'll see next season) is, the difference between the Danish league and the Premier League is huge.

The argument though, IMO, is how can he make the step up if he isn't given a chance?

I haven't seen him in training, but our staff have and they are apparently not impressed.

If he can't show anything in training, why should they risk gambling on him and pick him for the team?

I've not been given a chance in the first team squad either. I'm disappointed too.

I may also be total crap in training but if you don't play me in a competitive match how will you know what you are missing!

Edited by LondonLax

Â