Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

56 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I think we might see a few from other teams' fans

I sincerely hope we do. It’s shocking that the much of the mainstream media and almost all football ‘pundits’ have failed to call out the appalling values, crimes and  human rights of Newcastle’s owners. Comments such as other teams’ fans being jealous serves only to highlight the ignorance of most of them.

I wouldn’t swap Villa’s position for Newcastle’s in a million years. After a rough few years we’re building something great here. Newcastle United and it’s proud history died a death when that takeover went through. Very soon, if not already, it won’t be just Sunderland that despises them.

Jealous my arse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Some local politician threw away his season ticket because of Wonga yet wrote to Boris to ask why the Saudi deal was previously called off. Clowns

The MP was clearly just chasing local support and hoping to boost their poll numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if they either don't even know who Wonga are or if they have shares in them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I suspect there is zero chance of any of that happening, least of all any player signing in the expectation that Bruce will be manager there for any significant time.  I'd also like to think McGinn is the kind of person to not want to play for the Saudis, assuming he (and many other players) know anything about the regime.

I don't think that any player would think Bruce is longterm but I think he would be close enough to McGinn to make him think about a move and a triple or quadruple of salary could help sway him. I don't think players will be too bothered playing for Toon on the basis of the connection to Saudi Arabia. Qatar has a big human rights problem and that didn't stop players signing for Barcelona or PSG

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

they're then in the market for cast offs, who also cost a lot of money and earn a lot and dont have the fire in their belly, i think its harder to get right than it sounds and there's nothing to suggest that newcastle currently have the infrastructure in place to get it right - again looking at city the cast off that they got right was yaya toure but they had a few before that didnt do that much

And when these castoffs don't work out, and many will not. work out it will be near impossible to move them on as they will be on massive wages. Their transfer dealings over the next 2 to 3 years could have a very long lasting impact if they get it wrong

7 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Personally it makes me a little disgusted seeing some Newcastle fans cheer on this takeover. My wife has family that have lived in and fled Saudi Arabia (she's of Eritrean decent). I spoke to one of her cousins who lived there who had witnessed many public executions as a child/teen and he's scarred from the experiences. Had this been Aston Villa I would feel awful and be very conflicted about supporting the club under such a regime.

Football is so capitalistic and gross in general these days that it's becoming harder and harder to enjoy it as the years go by. This is just another event in football that has left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Fully agree, and seeing Newcastle fans celebrating wearing masks of bin Salman is disgusting, like someone would have a mask of Saddam Hussein and cheering him. It's so sad really, especially as I quite like Newcastle, now I despise them most of all.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Saint Maximn I thought was actually 25m range so given what he's shown so far he was a very good deal

8 goals 12 assists in 4071 minutes. 

Traore 7 goals 8 assists in 2387 minutes must be very very good deal for us 

33 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

8 goals 12 assists in 4071 minutes. 

Traore 7 goals 8 assists in 2387 minutes must be very very good deal for us 

Both are good players.

ASM will post better numbers up there with better quality in final third to pass to than Almiron and Joelinthon.

22 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Newcastle fans greeting their new owners who are from a different culture with the usual class, respect and even stoic dignity that we have come to expect.

image.png.d49380e04e990fc852a7ea70e761ef34.png

Let's hope they are so mortally offended they call it all off

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Newcastle fans greeting their new owners who are from a different culture with the usual class, respect and even stoic dignity that we have come to expect.

Didn't know Noam Chomsky was a Newcastle fan.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

What a very tiny gene pool the north east is… 

• Haha 2

Â