Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

As opposed to us who are running at £30m annual losses, shit squad, no manager, want away owner and just sacked 500 staff.

Well yes the thing is Lerner is trying to sell but Cashley said "They are stuck with me if they go down". I guess it all depends if we can get new owners and start sorting the mess out.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

As opposed to us who are running at £30m annual losses, shit squad, no manager, want away owner and just sacked 500 staff.

A £30m loss doesn't mean there's no money left though.

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I feel sad that people are happy that Newcastle going down instead of a team playing a nonce for 30 games

But thatteam has sealed Noooocastle relegation lol.

We've already knew that we are down and accepted it. It would have been hard to remember that again after they have their revenge. Gladly they are down again.

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

A £30m loss doesn't mean there's no money left though.

I think it's closer to the fact of being skint than Newcastle who have a far wealthier owner, and who recorded a £30M profit recently.

It comes to something when you'd swap your owner to Mike Ashley! 

Credit to Sunderland and Alladyce they done the business. honestly if Sunderland are willing to let Defoe go next season we should make  abig bid for him, I think he would be a fantastic signing.

as for the skunks Newcastle :crylaugh:

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I think it's closer to the fact of being skint than Newcastle who have a far wealthier owner, and who recorded a £30M profit recently.

It really doesn't.

I'm not saying we're not skint, but the fact we lost £30m doesn't really prove anything.

If Apple made a £30m loss this year they wouldn't be skint.

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

if Sunderland are willing to let Defoe go next season we should make  a big bid for him, I think he would be a fantastic signing.

If rumours are to be believed (which they are) Sunderland paid him a small fortune to come back to from the MLS so I doubt he'll be going anywhere until the very last day of his massive 5 year contract. To be fair alot of people at the time (including me) though it would end up like D. Bent when we signed him for huge money but Defoe has essentially kept Sunderland up two years running and if you do the numbers he's actually a bargain because of the TV money they'll get next year.

As for Newcastle will It was Ashley who picked Steve McClaren as manager, eventhough he is terrible and was busy failing at Derby, and appointed him t othe board as well. He also waited way too long before sacking him. That's what sent Newcastle down.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

I feel sad that people are happy that Newcastle going down instead of a team playing a nonce for 30 games

It says a lot about how dislikable the Geordies are that I hate them more than a team staying up due to goals from a nonce, but I do.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

If rumours are to be believed (which they are) Sunderland paid him a small fortune to come back to from the MLS so I doubt he'll be going anywhere until the very last day of his massive 5 year contract. To be fair alot of people at the time (including me) though it would end up like D. Bent when we signed him for huge money but Defoe has essentially kept Sunderland up two years running and if you do the numbers he's actually a bargain because of the TV money they'll get next year.

As for Newcastle will It was Ashley who picked Steve McClaren as manager, eventhough he is terrible and was busy failing at Derby, and appointed him t othe board as well. He also waited way too long before sacking him. That's what sent Newcastle down.

To be fair, so did Bent with us. Scored the goals in 10/11 and 11/12 which kept us up. It'll be interesting to see how things go from here though.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It really doesn't.

I'm not saying we're not skint, but the fact we lost £30m doesn't really prove anything.

If Apple made a £30m loss this year they wouldn't be skint.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Villa have been pissing money out the door for years to the tune of tens of millions and recently sacked about a third of the workforce. We cannot be anything but the definition of broke.

My original point was that Newcastle appear to be in better shape than Villa for a year (at least) in the second tier all things considered.

Yeah fair point. I'm not sure what my point was either. I zoned in on the £30m loss = we have no money left, but that's not really what you said anyway :D

Carry on

• Like 1

Couldn't really gloat as much as I'd have like to last nigh. I was stood with three Newcaslte fans, when it was confirmed, two of who are among the five or so Newcaste fans I can have a decent football conversation with. They were quite gracious about it too, and said Sunderland deserved to stay up. Bit of an anticlimax, but I had my fun on Saturday.

My mother, from a family of NUFC supporters, most of whom have season tickets, she called me after the Villa game, she was subdued, I guess she was hoping that she could take the piss, it wasnt meant to be. 

I have mixed feelings on their relegation. Part of me is happy as they were rounding themselves ready to take revenge for the Sob on the Tyne/Ant or Dec banner and that took the wind from their sails, and secondly that they are a big team and it deflects a bit of attention/pain away from our relegation. I feel a little bad though as I do feel Sunderland should have gone, I am not happy with their behaviour with Adam Johnston and that irritates me.

Â