Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Rafa going to make decision in two weeks. I think he will stay which is bad news for us

A lot will depend on what other jobs are available to him. Southampton if someone lures Koeman away? 

Rumour of Hughes leaving Stoke which, geographically would suit him perfectly. Palace if they sack Pardew perhaps? Other than that there's slim pickings for him.

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They are going yo walk the championship if rafa as expected stays. So for me it will be battle for 2nd place

I agree. They got more than double our points tally. Rafa is a top coach (I'm sure someone will be along to disagree) so I expect him to stroll the Championship next year, as it stands we'll be nowhere near.

even if Rafa doesnt stay they will probably steamroll league anyway. Will probably lose Krul, Janmaat, Sissoko and Wijnaldum who have had shocking seasons except Krul who barely played a game. Mitrovic could bang in 25 goals next season if can stay on the pitch

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They are going yo walk the championship if rafa as expected stays. So for me it will be battle for 2nd place

Surely you don't mean to say that we will battling for an automatic promotion spot? We haven't got a cat in hells chance of finishing anywhere near the top 2. 

38 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Surely you don't mean to say that we will battling for an automatic promotion spot? We haven't got a cat in hells chance of finishing anywhere near the top 2. 

Says who? Really depends on how the summer goes.

Talk about a losing mentality. Lets see who our owner is, what manager we appoint and what our team (and Newcastle's team) looks like before we give up eh.  Predictions at this stage are pointless, too many unknowns yet.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think we've got a very good chance of making the top 2 if we get the managerial appointment right.

Not unless there is a massive overhaul of the first team too. We need to replace about 15 of the current 25 man squad

If we get a new manager, a new owner, and buy a new set of players who all gel together and achieve their potential then we've got a chance of automatic promotion...

If you're relasitic however, then its probably unlikely.

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

Not unless there is a massive overhaul of the first team too. We need to replace about 15 of the current 25 man squad

Hence why we need the right manager to oversee that (although I don't believe 15 players need to be replaced)

Â