Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

16 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Just adding to the consensus but we tilted that day.  The injury to Buendia two days before we traveled would have affected our preparation, the injury to Mings would have messed the players up on the day yet we were still in the game until Konsa’s individual error for 3-1 which deflated us. Everything that happened after was just a case of them kicking us when we were down.  

Now they are perfectly entitled to do this and of course the result was emphatic but at the time some of us (smug mode activated) said there was no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water as we were doing a lot of things right and it was more of an ‘on the day’ thing rather than a systematic failure.  Newcastle would have felt the same way after the 3-0 at Villa Park.  

100%. They deserved the win on the whole but the score line was not a true story. Injuries before and during fielded a back line during the last 30 minutes that had never played together. 

2 hours ago, Thug said:

Shouldn’t have lost to these jokers.

5-1 flattered them, but only because we went chasing after the game.

Watkins scores that to make it 2-2 and we win the game.

It is irritating, innit? Just really sticks in my craw. I keep thinking if only Mings hadn't shoulder-tackled Isak and instead he'd just let the ball roll out of play and he wouldn't whipped around at that harsh angle and put all that pressure on his ACL ... 😟

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Wonder how many more L’s Howe as in him before they pull the trigger. 

You would have to wonder who they would go for. Is not that many big name managers about, Zidane maybe Poch if he leaves Chelsea soon

Not sure the fans would take to a Mourinho/Conte type

24 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

One of the worst kits of the season 

I just wonder so much who thought it a good idea given the whole Saudi PIF context to give them Saudi flag kits. Someone surely gave the Castore design team guidelines, but who? Did word come down from Riyadh? You wouldn't have thought that the Saudis would be trying to go low-key given the publicity, but maybe they're over that now and are ready to flaunt Newcastle United's enmeshment (ultimately) with the Saudi government. Still find it hard to believe MBS -- arguably a de facto true owner -- in essence passed the "fit and proper test" whereas the utterly benign Louis Tomlinson of One Direction -- who actually loves Doncaster Rovers and wanted to get involved -- failed to be deemed "fit and proper." 

NINTCHDBPICT000578437683.webp

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I just wonder so much who thought it a good idea given the whole Saudi PIF context to give them Saudi flag kits. Someone surely gave the Castore design team guidelines, but who? Did word come down from Riyadh? You wouldn't have thought that the Saudis would be trying to go low-key given the publicity, but maybe they're over that now and are ready to flaunt Newcastle United's enmeshment (ultimately) with the Saudi government. Still find it hard to believe MBS -- arguably a de facto true owner -- in essence passed the "fit and proper test" whereas the utterly benign Louis Tomlinson of One Direction -- who actually loves Doncaster Rovers and wanted to get involved -- failed to be deemed "fit and proper." 

NINTCHDBPICT000578437683.webp

Louis Tomlinson, the one direction kid who couldn’t raise enough funds for the purchase? That one?

5 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

That result flattered them. Mings injury clearly affected the players on the pitch. Freak result. 

Exactly.

People in the match thread said they felt sick and were no longer interested in the game. 

Imagine how the players felt? Especially Konsa who has partnered him for the better part of 4 seasons. Of course he made a mistake leading to the goal that turned the game.

This was all 2 days after watching Emi Buendia get a catastrophic injury.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve always said despite how well Gowe has done, he’s in thin ice  there. I don’t think they’ll hesitate in playing the trigger (not literally). I suppose they could always take Poch off Chelsea 

Would likely be a meat cleaver rather than a gun. 

5 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Wonder how many more L’s Howe as in him before they pull the trigger. 

Was thinking the same thing, but he's popular with their supporters and I think they'll give him time. In fairness, their fixtures have been difficult, so they'll know that. 

All that said, they will also have a list already drawn up because Howe was never going to be the long term, big name manager they ultimately want.

Â