Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They said the same about Abramovich and it never happened

Maybe but it was still less than 20 years and forces conspired which mean he doesn't own them anymore. 

And an investment fund buying a football club seems the dumbest investment possible to make. 

32 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Ok.

What performance enhancing drugs are their owners injecting into the players?

There is absolutely no way that squad is the 3rd best in the league.

They have just turned the negative energy of all the children executed by their owners into positive energy on the pitch. We should all admire them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

They are doing well, but in all honesty it feels like us under O’Neill and Lerner, takeover, new manager, winning games is infectious when you have the fans onside feeling good

I doubt they will achieve top 4 this season, small squad and almiron will go back to form and be shite soon enough, this form will not last

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

They are doing well, but in all honesty it feels like us under O’Neill and Lerner, takeover, new manager, winning games is infectious when you have the fans onside feeling good

I doubt they will achieve top 4 this season, small squad and almiron will go back to form and be shite soon enough, this form will not last

Yeah said a few pages back they're like West ham of last couple of seasons, a couple of decent players with about 8 average ones playing out of their skin. Sad thing is though unlike West ham Newcastle will continue to invest in an attempt at maintaining it, this squad wouldn't eventually but another 3 top player in Jan might 

After the World Cup, "The big 6", plus West Ham and Leicester will be playing 2-3 games a week, every week with no breaks. Man City's squad is ridiculous, but this will have a big effect on the likes of Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea. Newcastle might have actually timed their worldie season perfectly to sneak into the Champions League.

I think they are going to make top 4. They will invest in 3-4 quality players in January seeing a massive opportunity. Probably 1-2 years ahead of plan as well. They do have some fairly average players playing out of their skin but Trippier, Bruno, Botman and Pope have been very astute signings. 

12 hours ago, Villa87 said:

I think they are going to make top 4. They will invest in 3-4 quality players in January seeing a massive opportunity. Probably 1-2 years ahead of plan as well. They do have some fairly average players playing out of their skin but Trippier, Bruno, Botman and Pope have been very astute signings. 

I hope they do…

Sportswashing by an oil rich, human rights abusing regime aside… I just want anyone to take Man City’s toys from them consistently enough so that their owners pack it in, sell up and force them into administration so they shrink back into being the Petri dish of vermin that they always were before they got gold plated…

12 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

I hope they do…

Sportswashing by an oil rich, human rights abusing regime aside… I just want anyone to take Man City’s toys from them consistently enough so that their owners pack it in, sell up and force them into administration so they shrink back into being the Petri dish of vermin that they always were before they got gold plated…

Nah, I think i hate the Newcastle fans more, they are absolute rocket polishers. 

• Like 1

The difference is guys utd chelsea and liverpool have all been shit this year. I think newcastle could very well get 4th now.  They go spend 100m in jan whICh they can do they can get CL

Once they get CL forget about it. Its city and newcastle then everyone else

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The difference is guys utd chelsea and liverpool have all been shit this year. I think newcastle could very well get 4th now.  They go spend 100m in jan whICh they can do they can get CL

Once they get CL forget about it. Its city and newcastle then everyone else

Or spend 100 million and disrupt the balance mid season and drop down the table

Is nobody in January available worth that risk. Last January they had a shit squad

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Or spend 100 million and disrupt the balance mid season and drop down the table

Is nobody in January available worth that risk. Last January they had a shit squad

Its a unique season with WC its like we are having two seasons in one. Bet they wish this WC wasnt happening as their form could completely change after WC.

But i doubt if they spend 100m on top quality it will back fire on them. They are taking advantage of chelsea liverpool etc being shite

Almiron still looks insanely clumsy. Almost like that kid at school who played football at lunch time but didn't actually like football and just did it to try and fit in. 

I'm sure a few of his goals this season have been hit and hopes or even mishits.

If he sustains this form, on track for 20 goals, I'll be amazed and will happily eat my words. 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its a unique season with WC its like we are having two seasons in one. Bet they wish this WC wasnt happening as their form could completely change after WC.

But i doubt if they spend 100m on top quality it will back fire on them. They are taking advantage of chelsea liverpool etc being shite

I think more likely is that Chelsea and Liverpool regain their form after the World Cup. 

Plenty of sides have had brilliant starts to the season and then have fallen away later. I'm still trying to forget when we were top at Christmas time and then finishing 6th.

57 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I think more likely is that Chelsea and Liverpool regain their form after the World Cup. 

Plenty of sides have had brilliant starts to the season and then have fallen away later. I'm still trying to forget when we were top at Christmas time and then finishing 6th.

I think Liverpool will  but i dont think chelsea will. I think there is problems there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think Liverpool will  but i dont think chelsea will. I think there is problems there

Chelsea need training, the ownership had a messy summer and Tuchel needed time to get them to gel

Â