Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Did NWSE even get a mention when they bought us, media have been already been bought and paid for by this lot, great club.

Look at this, do Villa even exist?

Scum media everywhere!

Don’t understand this ,Nassef Sawiris is worth 9.2 billion alone

Yep . Jealousy but also a feeling of deja vu. Been here before with Randy . Heavy investment and then Mansour rocked up .

I think its because we will get so many newcastle fans telling us that they can afford to buy our club and ground and then use it for car parking. The horrible thing is that we can see exactly how everything will pan out over the next 5 to 10 years 

Most PL clubs are owned and backed by multi billionaires. They can buy a better quality of player, but unless they break into the CL, they wont be able to continually spend silly money for the same reason the rest of us cant. FFP came in after City did what they did to prevent another City happening. Lets see how it unravels over the coming years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

To be honest. i' m not that fussed. We had a minimal chance of breaking the top 4 anyway. Thats not a criticism of NSWE, they are wonderful owners, its just an acknowledgement of how tough it is. 

Newcastle will need to spend about a billion to get to the top 4 IMO. They may well do it. If anything, i'd like to see Man Utd or Liverpool or Citeh especially knocked down a peg or two. 

We have spent close to 350m in the 3 years that NSWE own us. That is about 1/3 of a billion. We are well on the way to spending outrageous amounts of money and no doubt we are pissing off many many clubs we are leaving in our wake as we buy success. Just look at the Baggies and how we have raided their academy. 

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s sports washing for one of the biggest human rights violators on the planet - but yes sour grapes, sure pal. 

There are two types of reactions on here. Yes it is Sportswashing and the human rights aspect is disgusting but there is also a huge amount of jealousy and blinkering of what NSWE are doing at Villa

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Expect to see a new super league proposal coming soon.  Can't have any of the top 4/5 losing out because of this can we?

I don't expect to see a new proposal coming and yes as clubs like Villa and Newcastle get bought by mega wealthy owners willing to invest in the club the current top 4/5 will lose out in some way. But there are also opportunities for them as clubs like Villa and Toon improve. We can improve the overall quality of the PL and make it more attractive and able to command more broadcasting fees.

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't believe all the sour grapes on here, all jealousy. We would be creaming our pants, if it was us who had just been taken over by owners worth 300 Billion.

Errrr… yeah… and?

What? Should we be cheering on Newcastle?

No… Their new owners are evil, human rights abusing murderers…

If they HAD bought us instead… They would just be misunderstood…

Edited by DJ_Villain
Grammatical cockup

The only positive in this for us is that it's not the mobs either side of Birmingham. Kick in the teeth for Villa.. well the whole premier league really... Liverpool winning the title and now these b******s becoming mega rich and more than likely on their way to greatness all within 2 or 3 years of each other 🤦🏻‍♂️

Still, we have fantastic owners and are on our own journey which will hopefully end up in us creating a dynasty or period of success. It's just got tougher and as much as I'm pissed off and jealous about it... im confident in what we are building! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't believe all the sour grapes on here, all jealousy. We would be creaming our pants, if it was us who had just been taken over by owners worth 300 Billion.

I would walk to Mecca and back if they took over Villa.

• Haha 2

Â