Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Leicester signing Ayoze Perez now.:lol: Never really got the hype over him but he did have a very good end of season for Newcastle.

Leaves them with striker options of:

Yosh Muto

Joselu

Dwight Gayle

We really should be finishing above them imo.

• Like 1

I like him and would take him here but not for that price. He always seems to have some hype as Real and Barcelona allegedly lost out to Newcastle for him and usually is linked with bigger clubs

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

£30m apparently. Jeepers.

They could do a lot with that money actually. But They're definitely in a mess if Mike Ashley doesn't leave the club. Not sure what happened though?

I know it's petty and I know we don't have a rivalry.  But I'm looking forward to Newcastle's Premier League campaign almost as much as I'm looking forward to our own.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I feel a bit sorry for them. We know the frustration of having a terrible owner. 

I don’t want them to get a rich takeover mind, but I can feel their pain. 

I don't they loved our demise. I have no sympathy for them

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

A lot of them have a weird hatred for us, seemingly because of that one “who’s your messiah now?” poster years ago. 

Very odd. 

I thought it was for the 'sob on the Tyne' banner when they went down?

Either way they think everyone likes them and wants them to do well, probably because of the media w**fest over them, in reality it's the opposite. Most football fans love laughing at them and their delusions.

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

I thought it was for the 'sob on the Tyne' banner when they went down?

Either way they think everyone likes them and wants them to do well, probably because of the media w**fest over them, in reality it's the opposite. Most football fans love laughing at them and their delusions.

Is there really a 'media w**kfest' over them? Apart from Shearer constantly relishing moaning about how shit they were on MOTD, I can't think of any other media figures who seem to care about them one way or the other. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is there really a 'media w**kfest' over them? Apart from Shearer constantly relishing moaning about how shit they were on MOTD, I can't think of any other media figures who seem to care about them one way or the other. 

It was more 10-15 years ago when they were signing likes of Owen and also the return of Keegan. They were getting more press for then finishing 12th or 14th than we got for finishing 6th that couple of seasons.

All died a death with their relegations, now it's just what Mike Ashley does or frequently dosen't. Their lax approach to actually appointing a new manager says it all.

I do get the impression though Newcastle fans enjoying beating us more than majority of other clubs due to our laughing at them twice going down at VP.

I was listening to Talksport yesterday and they had Kevin Nolan on, and he was quite positive and respectful of Ashley. He said that people know what they’re getting with him and he’s very straight to the point. He also said he genuinely wants rid of the club (for the right price for him obviously). 

People saying he’s a poor and terrible owner I just don’t see it. He’s kept them afloat comfortably, there’s never really been any true crisis there. Gibson at Boro is meant to be a good owner, where are they? Sunderland have had much worse ownership issues and look at them. Not forgetting our own woes. 

Newcastle aren’t hard done by, they just have a businessman as an owner who is only interested in making as much from them as possible. I certainly don’t feel sorry for them one bit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

I was listening to Talksport yesterday and they had Kevin Nolan on, and he was quite positive and respectful of Ashley. He said that people know what they’re getting with him and he’s very straight to the point. He also said he genuinely wants rid of the club (for the right price for him obviously). 

People saying he’s a poor and terrible owner I just don’t see it. He’s kept them afloat comfortably, there’s never really been any true crisis there. Gibson at Boro is meant to be a good owner, where are they? Sunderland have had much worse ownership issues and look at them. Not forgetting our own woes. 

Newcastle aren’t hard done by, they just have a businessman as an owner who is only interested in making as much from them as possible. I certainly don’t feel sorry for them one bit. 

I'm sure the skunks are loving hearing this from him

On 06/07/2019 at 06:41, villan-scott said:

In the six seasons before Ashley took over Newcastle in June 2007 they finished 4th, 3rd, 5th,  14th, 7th and 13th.

In twelve years since they've been relegated twice, finished 15th in 14/15 when they were still in danger of going down on the final day and finished 16th in 12/13.

I'm not saying they should be regulars in top 6 as like us that is a bit of a pipe dream but they certainly should be regular top half finishers, they've barely played in europe last decade and done little in the cups (something Ashley has admitted he isn't bothered about).

Â