Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

ASM stats are shocking scored like 11 goals in 112 games. 

Compared to Bertie Traore 9 in 53.

But we'd struggle to sell Bertie for over 10 Mill but ASM is worth 40 mill. 

LOGIC. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Dont understand the Saint Maximin price outrage. He is average but thats going rate for an average player now

If we bought him it would have been higher

We cant even sell our average players ! Most the time we have to loan them to Turkey...  

The deal stinks!

41 minutes ago, calcifer said:

We cant even sell our average players ! Most the time we have to loan them to Turkey...  

The deal stinks!

Maybe Purslow was just a shit negotiator. Arsenal want 40 million for Balogun who Archer was doing better than last year

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

well well well

They have just done what we all have done on FM for years 😃

(in all seriousness, should never happen in real life)

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Watford did it last year, sold a random squad player to Udinese for about 15m.

Difference is that ManUre, Liverpool, Arsenal wouldn't have been fussed about Watford.

Now that it threatens millions of potential revenue for the big clubs, they'll be very vocal. Whether this has any effect immediately remains to be seen, but you can bet they'll be watching Newcastle's activities like a hawk. It'll be like Christian Horner and his radio messages to the stewards.

Hopefully the likes of us, Spuds, Brighton and Brentford are also weighing in.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Difference is that ManUre, Liverpool, Arsenal wouldn't have been fussed about Watford.

Now that it threatens millions of potential revenue for the big clubs, they'll be very vocal. Whether this has any effect immediately remains to be seen, but you can bet they'll be watching Newcastle's activities like a hawk. It'll be like Christian Horner and his radio messages to the stewards.

Hopefully the likes of us, Spuds, Brighton and Brentford are also weighing in.

Man. City have done it in the past themselves. Signed Aaron Mooy for nothing when he was mid 20s then loaned him out and Huddersfield signed him for about 7-8m which helped with the FPP for that year I'm sure.

People can throw plenty at Newcastle but not like other premier league clubs are squeaky clean in the past with moving players on or signing them from feeder clubs to exploit loopholes.

I'd also say they signed ASM for 20m in 2019 and he's had some good seasons for them so he's in 30m bracket so this hasn't been inflated too much in a market where Burnley are spending 20m on a keeper who's only senior experience is league 1 football.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I’d agree that the fee doesn’t seem that bad but am surprised there isn’t a rule already in place to stop teams trading players when they are owned by same people. Asking for trouble. 

Watford and Udinese have traded over 60 players, Leipzig and Salzburg have traded 20. Newcastle didn’t come up with this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Man. City have done it in the past themselves. Signed Aaron Mooy for nothing when he was mid 20s then loaned him out and Huddersfield signed him for about 7-8m which helped with the FPP for that year I'm sure.

People can throw plenty at Newcastle but not like other premier league clubs are squeaky clean in the past with moving players on or signing them from feeder clubs to exploit loopholes.

I'd also say they signed ASM for 20m in 2019 and he's had some good seasons for them so he's in 30m bracket so this hasn't been inflated too much in a market where Burnley are spending 20m on a keeper who's only senior experience is league 1 football.

This is different. Huddersfield weren't doing this to help City. The wanted Mooy to better their team and the investment was purely for their benefit

57 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I’d agree that the fee doesn’t seem that bad but am surprised there isn’t a rule already in place to stop teams trading players when they are owned by same people. Asking for trouble. 

Thats the thing

If we sold nakamba to vitoria for 6m-10m you know there would be a big stink about it so why isnt there here?

Its good the clubs are asljng questions now so thes loopholes are closed. In addition stops newcastle thinking they can do as they please

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

The problem is, I’m not sure that in a transfer window when Havertz was sold for 68 mil that selling ASM for approx 30 mil is that outrageous. It’s not like the Saudis are only buying from Newcastle. 

There’s all kinds of dodginess going on but I don’t think this is the deal that proves it.

Perhaps not, but it sets a precedent that Newcastle have got a dumping ground for whatever players they deem surplus to requirements.  If they are currently in the sign Craig Bellamy/James Miner/Samir Nasri phase of the Manchester City cycle they can fast track to the Pep Guardiola and Erling Haaland phase because they can always win in player trading.  Selling Saint Maximan for a price that people can look at and consider ‘fair’ just normalises it all.  He’s going to a club that won’t be a rival in any competition Newcastle will be playing in and they get the price as if he would.   What’s to stop them doing the same with this Summer’s signings in two years and using the money to sign Jude Bellingham?  

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

This is different. Huddersfield weren't doing this to help City. The wanted Mooy to better their team and the investment was purely for their benefit

Al-whoever want ASM 'to better their team' as well, they're not going to pay him to drive the team bus. 

Â