Christian Benteke

Kwan

I can not remember the club actually giving a price, deadly did but not the club, this may be for a reason and part of the game, no matter how much is offered it wont be enough, people have speculated in the press and PL joked about a figure but at no time have we come out and said pay x and he is yours, or have I missed this?

I'd rather sell him abroad for 25m than to a domestic league clubs for 30m

he doesn't want to go abroad the PL is his dreamleague

Granted but if a foreign team stumps up the cash and we accept he's got one hell of a decision to make.

Don't  misunderstand me, I would rather keep Benteke  for  one more season.  None of us wants to see Beneteke  go, but if a player   whether by poor  advice or his own  foolhardiness is  bound and determined  to  go then let him  go and in that respect  I take my hat off to  Paul Lambert  for   dealing  with the matter   in a sensible  way  that benefits  Aston Villa.

I  dreamed  the other night that we  sold  Tekkers to  Spuds for  30M.  Spurs missed out    by one point  at the  end of the  2013/14 season to get into the  Champion's League falling to 5th  again behind  the  Arse. Tekkers  finally figured out that  Spuds  werent  Arsenal and then went on strike   in next summer's    transfer  season and ended up   signing for  Arsenal for 15 M  ! Tekkers made  the  Belgium WC   squad but never played a  game  because Lukaku was brilliant. So  CB   moved  to  the Emirates  and just  couldn't   find any form  and  ended up  being  sold  to Antalyaspor ! Meanwhile  a players agent  who  shall not be named took all his   gains   to Las Vegas  and bet it all on    the  red....and   that was  that!   Instant  Karma!

Then I  woke up and  realised..  Villa might well   receive  30M. Aston Villa  FC  is a business. 30M is not to be sniffed at.

Butterfingers....Do you remember his first half performance against Chelsea? One of the best displays I've seen from a villa striker until he was sent off (wrongly) he was immense that day and Chelsea couldn't handle him. That was the day I thought we had a special player on our hands.

Disappointed he wants to go to Spurs. Thought he'd move for CL football at least.

Yes-I also saw him totally marked out of the game at Norwich the week before.

I'm always a glass half full bloke when it comes to the Villa.I would say the following: 

We created a hell of a lot of chances in that run in.We should have been out of sight at both Stoke & Norwich after 60 mins for example but needed last gasp goals in both games to gain all points.Benteke has missed his fair share of bread & butter goals for us-Something Genk fans were warning us about 12 months ago.I think Chelsea were the only top team that he scored against & bear in mind that they had one eye on bigger things when they played us.

Benteke creates some great goals himself-Liverpool & WBA for example but apart from this,all his goals were against bottom half teams.

That said,I do accept he had a great game against Chelsea.I also believe £30 mil should be the asking price,not the £25mil that is being bandied about.

I doubt Spurs could actually afford him, so it'll will inevitably mean a cash + player(s) deal. I doubt we'll be too interested in Spurs' reserves since their wages would be above what we'd be willing to play.

DP that's a very good point and my worry is if Spurs are interested they might subsidize any makeweight's wages to push the deal through.

True, wouldn't surprise me if they offered something close to £20m plus one of (or even two of) Naughton, Townsend, Huddlestone and Livermore.

Obviously speculating here but when have Spurs ever paid £20m+ for a player? Benteke is out of their price range as a pure cash transaction.

Another issue will be Benteke's reaction when we do reject Spurs' advances, it's likely that he'll go on strike like he did at Genk. It'll get very messy.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I doubt Spurs could actually afford him, so it'll will inevitably mean a cash + player(s) deal. I doubt we'll be too interested in Spurs' reserves since their wages would be above what we'd be willing to play.

DP that's a very good point and my worry is if Spurs are interested they might subsidize any makeweight's wages to push the deal through.

True, wouldn't surprise me if they offered something close to £20m plus one of (or even two of) Naughton, Townsend, Huddlestone and Livermore.

Obviously speculating here but when have Spurs ever paid £20m+ for a player? Benteke is out of their price range as a pure cash transaction.

Another issue will be Benteke's reaction when we do reject Spurs' advances, it's likely that he'll go on strike like he did at Genk. It'll get very messy.

Indeed it could get messy - but IF Benteke does opt to go on strike to force the move, I think it will damage his career undoubtedly and may put off suitors in the future.

A player to strike once is enough, but twice? he could be on the verge of tarnishing his reputation.

One way or the other, I just hope this matter gets resolved quickly

Edited by theboyangel

I see in the papers today that Levy doesn't believe Benteke is worth 25m.

That should tell the player something and highlight what a berk Levy is when you consider he doesn't get to set the price for the transfer.

Shove your 20m up your jacksie and come back when you saved your pennies to meet our valuation.

Doesn't matter what a player is worth, all that matters is the club's valuation of that player. 

Newcastle valued Andy Carroll at £35m and Liverpool paid it, and then Carroll went for £15m to West Spam, Benteke is worth hell of a lot more than Carroll, that's for sure..

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Indeed it could get messy - but IF Benteke does opt to go on strike to force the move, I think it will damage his career undoubtedly and may put off suitors in the future.

A player to strike once is enough, but twice? he could be on the verge of tarnishing his reputation.

One way or the other, I just hope this matter gets resolved quickly

Benteke has to realise that we still hold the cards, he has 3 years left on his contract and it is a world cup year. If he goes on strike and either refuses to play or is frozen out he will simply lose his place in the Belgium team to Lukaku. So he needs to be playing regularly and at his best next season regardless of who he's playing for in order to cement his place.

Levy gets queasy around the £20m mark, he's happy to sign players from Brazil who have no experience in a top level league for £17m but isn't prepared to fork out the necessary money for not only someone who is a top talent in world football but has proven to be a goalscorer in one of the world's best leagues.

• Like 2

The more often £20m is mentioned the more that tag will be seen to be the starting point rather than say £25m - £30m. If they do make such a bid we should offer £40m for Bale to test their own resolve..  

It is a pity Benteke and/or his agent was not decent enough to give us a second season but that is football these days and it was always likely he would be off at the drop of a hat at whatever cost to his future or his current football club due to the quick impact a move will have on his bank balance. I expect Benteke and his agent will come out and plead for us to accept the offer when it is made and claim a £13m profit is a good deal for Villa but for me the price is £30m or at least £25m with say a 20% sell on clause. The test will be how much resolve the club shows on the fee and how much ambition is shown with how much if any of that fee is spent on players in the window.

£25million and we are being robbed. £35million. Benteke was awe inspiring at times last season. 

I'd like to think we will only sell for £25m if we get 10% of any resell and other performance related add ons.

If Benteke strikes over £20 million it will appear to be a pointless and childish one to Belgian football fans. They will recognise Aston Villa because we're a European Cup winner but won't know anything about Tottenham. When they think of London they'll think of Arsenal and Chelsea as the big teams. He will look like he's putting a little bit of money to go to a small town club ahead of the international team. That's what it will look like to the neutral.

£25million and we are being robbed. £35million. Benteke was awe inspiring at times last season. 

I'd like to think we will only sell for £25m if we get 10% of any resell and other performance related add ons.

If Benteke strikes over £20 million it will appear to be a pointless and childish one to Belgian football fans. They will recognise Aston Villa because we're a European Cup winner but won't know anything about Tottenham. When they think of London they'll think of Arsenal and Chelsea as the big teams. He will look like he's putting a little bit of money to go to a small town club ahead of the international team. That's what it will look like to the neutral.

Thing is though Con it looks as though he frankly doesn't give a damn about things like that.. His a**ehole of an agent is clearly pulling his strings like a puppet & neither of them have any other objective than ££££'s. He has been well drilled to say the usual BS that players like him say "I am very grateful to Paul Lambert for giving me a chance" blah blah (notice no mention of Aston Villa)(also noted is that he obviously isn't really that grateful having handed in a Transfer request after less than a year) Again he mentions us Villa fans in glowing terms....then pulls this manouvre so that counted for a lot didn't it Mr Benteke."

In fact it should be "Benteke" & his Agent "Bentaseke".

Oh well s**t happens..... Next!

off topic: Adnan Januzaj is starting 11 in the game thailand vs man united :o adnan januzaj is belgian :D

No offense mate, but I doubt anybody really cares, in a thread about losing our prize asset.

Edited by StefanAVFC

off topic: Adnan Januzaj is starting 11 in the game thailand vs man united :o adnan januzaj is belgian :D

No offense mate, but I doubt anybody gives a turd.

i do, its still new for us belgians that so much belgians play in the best league in the world.

Edited by Belgian guy

Â