Christian Benteke

Kwan

possibly, or maybe he'll stick Dembele up front. If he doesn't start Benteke will be coming on at some point for sure. Still got a feeling Wales will beat the Belgians though

You haven't seen much of Wales then? :winkold:

Not really :lol: maybe they haven't got as much ability on the ball as the Belgians, but they sure got the right mentality!

Reading Kendricks write up I don't think we should expect great things straight away. I would imagine he will still be behind bent and gabby at this point.

Agreed, he's 21. He hasn't been brought in to be a regular starter just yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing the match. Hope Wales put the wee man Williams (Palace) on the bench at least

Might not start the first few games but I'd be amazed of he's not a regular starter after that.

If Gabby isn't prepared to adapt/fight I think he will go, not matter how much he loves the club. Unless he is happy with bench life.

We haven't spent 7m on Benteke for him to warm the bench behind Gabby and Bent.

We've spent it on potential.

If he's good enough he will play. If he's better than gabby then he will partner bent.

It's no guarantee just because of the fee we paid.

And according the guy interviewed by Kendrick, he seems to think we've overpaid, which may be to do with the situation we found ourselves in. So I don't think the fee means he's coming in to start straight away.

Given the evidence of the performance at the Sports Direct Arena (I love calling it that :lol: ), I think the first thing Benteke's signing (or rumoured signing at that point) has done is give Gabby a short sharp kick in the hole. Which can only be a very good thing. Gabby on his day is unplayable, but those days had reduced to about 3 per season.

Let's see how good this lad is before we start condemning our most potent attacking player of last season to the dustbin.
Bent? ;)
We were talking about Gabby and you knows it :winkold:
Oh I know, but Bent was easily our most potent attacking threat IMO.

Â