Christian Benteke

Kwan

There is a possibility that this summer could be the right time to sell him, his stock his high and he may not be as effective next season.

Lots of strikers down the years have come to the PL, had one great season, then never hit the heights after it. I know Benteke has a lot of ability, but you just never know if he'll be as good next season and his value could quickly drop if not.

If that were to happen it may lead to him staying with us for a third season :)

There is a possibility that this summer could be the right time to sell him, his stock his high and he may not be as effective next season.

Lots of strikers down the years have come to the PL, had one great season, then never hit the heights after it. I know Benteke has a lot of ability, but you just never know if he'll be as good next season and his value could quickly drop if not.

I very much agree with this.

As much as I love him being at Villa, I actually think it could be in our best interests to sell him this summer, IF the right offer comes in. We would be very lucky if he gave us another season as good as this one. To perform better than he has done this season, in a team like ours, would be a big ask for anyone. I'm not convinced some of the leagues established stars would have done as well as Benteke has done this season, in a team battling relegation. He's basically a goal a game striker at the moment, expecting him to improve next year would require him having a Van Persie-esque season in a team with far less quality than Manchester United.

If we can get anything above £25m for him, then we should take it and re-invest the money.

Edited by Shillzz

I think the ideal scenario provided we stay up is to get one more year out of Benteke, he goes and have a great WC in Brazil, and then he goes to Real Madrid for £25m/£30m.

As much as it pains me to say it, he's much too good for us already, and he's only going to get better.

I just hope the lad is sensible, and decides to stay at a club for another year where the fans adore him, he gets regular football, and is helping him to develop.

As crazy as it sounds, I'd have no objection as a fan if he was offered £60k per week - lets be honest, it's probably only going to be for another season!

Edited by Woody1000

I very much agree with this.

As much as I love him being at Villa, I actually think it could be in our best interests to sell him this summer, IF the right offer comes in. We would be very lucky if he gave us another season as good as this one. To perform better than he has done this season, in a team like ours, would be a big ask for anyone. I'm not convinced some of the leagues established stars would have done as well as Benteke has done this season, in a team battling relegation. He's basically a goal a game striker at the moment, expecting him to improve next year would require him having a Van Persie-esque season in a team with far less quality than Manchester United.

If we can get anything above £25m for him, then we should take it and re-invest the money.

Re-invest it in who?

It is rare to sign a player like Benteke.

He is already alongside names like Yorke, Bent, Gabby.

I would like to keep him and build a team around him.

If he wants to leave then we can talk about selling.

I'm surprised he hasn't scored more headers , can only think reading h

Probably due to our crossing

Can't be, not with Barry "best crosser in the known cosmos" Bannan on the books.  Only Hassmungle Shpadeldong-Zigtoq of the planet Vognaks III is better, but Opta ignore him as we haven't made first contact with the Vognakians yet.

Benteke set to sign contract extension and have his wage doubled as long as we stay up. Hoorah!

Even at 40k a week its good business in relation to Premier League standards

Edited by samjp26

Becasue we play it on the floor more now. But he's been unlucky with his headed chances, you can roll off the the times his hit the bar or they've been cleard of the line - gerrard springs to mind. Bennett has wipped in a few lovely balls for him.

Benteke set to sign contract extension and have his wage doubled as long as we stay up. Hoorah!

Even at 40k a week its good business in relation to Premier League standards

would be brilliant on 40k a week. We have had worse players on better salaries in last few years. Good to see a change that the good players get the good money.

If he stays I think it will show ambition to other young hungry players wanting to join VIlla

Didn't he score a cracker against Everton?

He did indeed. No doubt he would score lots with his head if we played the way MON played, for example, with wingers and crosses but not too many sides play that way any more. I would think if you compared the number of headed goals in the league as a whole this season it would be considerably less than two or three years ago. 

Thankfully he's just as good with his his feet so it doesn't really matter how we play, he WILL score. Would be tremendous to keep him for at least another season, he really is a fabulous player.

Â