Christian Benteke

Kwan

As much as I loved Lowtons volley yesterday I also loved our 3rd. The touch past Shawcross was deft, I don't think I've ever seen a 4 on 1 and the finish was lovely.

He lives in the same block as my mate and Lukaku and my mate reckons Benteke is the bigger of the two. Belgium are going to be some side at the World Cup and at 20/1 I think its worth a fiver or a tenner.

Instead of worrying about rumours and speculation regarding players leaving, why not enjoy what our best players are doing for the club?

If you were dating someone you suspected was a league above you, would you spend all the time paranoid about her leaving you or fill your boots while it lasted?

It depends if she dose it up trap 2.

When he leaves i hope he dose go to someone like spurs or arsenal as he would only be a bit part player at the likes of utd, city or chelsea and that would be such a waste of talent.

I suppose £100k+ a week will take his mind off the bench splinters though and i wouldnt blame him one bit.

Now thats what i call filling ya boots while it lasts!

Edited by sutherland

and what if he leaves? can u blame him? i mean no need to be mad on him if u could get a better carriere im pretty sure ur gone.

What happened to 'paying Paul Lambert back' and loyalty?  :huh:

and what if he leaves? can u blame him? i mean no need to be mad on him if u could get a better carriere im pretty sure ur gone.

im just saying theres always a possibility that villa accepts an offer on him? its not al up to benteke

No such thing mate... In life if you are given an oppertunity to better yourself and you dont take it then more fool the indervidual.

Not matter what your trade is be it a footballer, bricklayer, banker, butcher, baker or candle stick maker!

In life if you get an half decent opportunity make sure you fcukin grab it with 3 hands!

You dont go to work to make friends... You go there to make money and as much of it as you can!..

Edited by sutherland

I love Benteke, but I'm not sure he's as good a player yet as Angel was in his prime. I know his prime lasted only a season and a half, but I'm throwing that out there.

I don't think there's a single thing that Angel does better than Benteke.

Angel attacked the ball in the air better than Benteke currently does imo, though Benteke wins more duels in the air than JPA ever did.

I remember JPA's goal vs Scunny away in the cup, the power on the header was unreal.

Edited by adz.villa

in fairness he wasnt loyal to Genk

in fairness he wasnt loyal to Genk

His dream was to move to the Premier League and we offered him the chance to fulfill that. To add to it he has made friends here and is clearly happy, so as long as we stay up I think he'll be fine staying with us - which has already been stated by his agent. As Belgian Guy said though, it all depends on Faulkner and Lerner turning down any offers, and if they did opt to sell him it would jeopardise whatever relationship they have with Lambert as he himself has stated letting him go would be a step backwards.

You always take what footballers and agents say with a bit of salt. But I'm sure Lambert and Lerner will do everything they can to hold on to him in the summer. It will be a win win situation. He's only getting better and then if they want to sell him in the summer of 2014 we'll get twice as much as we'll get this summer.

I don't we'll sell for under £30m. He's scored 19 goals so far this season, 15 in the league. He's 21 and it's his first season in the PL. If we go down I think we'll sell for a lot less. But if we stay up, £30m is the least we could ask for, IMO. And if we do, we could do some serious business anyway, even if it hurts to lose our biggest star yet again. As long as the money goes straight back to new players along with more money from theTV deal.

Would hate to see him leave after just one year, but if they start throwing silly money around then it has to be good buiness for us. I just think it would benefit Benteke more to give us another season at least and really make his mark. Going too far, too soon could be a wrong move.

I am pretty sure we will keep him for another season if we stay up.

It makes sense for all parties. If he has another good season next year he will have his pick of clubs from all over Europe. If he moved this summer he would still be seen as a gamble for a lot of clubs.

I am pretty sure we will keep him for another season if we stay up.

It makes sense for all parties. If he has another good season next year he will have his pick of clubs from all over Europe. If he moved this summer he would still be seen as a gamble for a lot of clubs.

Agreed.

And someone else said it on here not long back. It's a World Cup year. Will he want to gamble not playing regular football.

Provided we stay in this league, he'd be silly to leave after 1 season given the leaps and bounds (literally and figuratively) he has made this season. As BJ says, it is a world cup year. He can't risk playing second fiddle if he goes to a side competing for CL football. He's a star here and he's banging the goals in. Having said all that. He showed in his attempts to leave Genk that he doesn't always do things the right way and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see him elsewhere come August, although I would be very disappointed.

There is a possibility that this summer could be the right time to sell him, his stock his high and he may not be as effective next season.

Lots of strikers down the years have come to the PL, had one great season, then never hit the heights after it. I know Benteke has a lot of ability, but you just never know if he'll be as good next season and his value could quickly drop if not.

The only things that will prevent Benteke having another great season is if he either loses confidence in himself or he does an Adebayor and pretty much gives us playing football. Though, he doesn't strike me as a confidence player (like Weimann does), and I think he's got real ambition to succeed. You can just see from his body language how much he wants to score and win. He's got far too much natural talent to not push on. As long as he can keep his head straight then he will be some player in years to come, it's down to him though. 

Â