Christian Benteke

Kwan

I love Benteke, but I'm not sure he's as good a player yet as Angel was in his prime. I know his prime lasted only a season and a half, but I'm throwing that out there.

It took Angel 4 / 5 years to hit his prime at Villa when he was 29 / 30 years old (joined when he was 25).

Imagine Benteke in 5 years time, or when he is 29 / 30.

I think Benteke in a number of years time, or when he is in his prime, will be a far better all round player than Angel was. Not taking anything away from Angel, just think Benteke has the ability to make it to the very top (unless he joins City in which case he will just be another mercenary and be another forgotten man). 

Edited by VillaLi0n

JPA had a funny gaite about him and ran like a girl in a school yard.

I prefer Benteke as he's a beast and you can tell defenders don't like playing against him. Beast.

Sad thing is no matter what I will hear, I will still fear he might leave. You just know the bids are gonna come knocking on the door, but I would be so devastated if he were to join another team in the premier league, which seems inevitable. Man that just sucks, I hate that we have to go through that. And there is no way that his replacement will be as good as he is. I don`t wanna think about it :(

If he went to Utd Ci£y Chelsea or Arsenal you could accept it to a degree.

It's if a wanky club such as spurs , Liverpool or everton got him. The teams we should be aiming to compete with next season.

It's Man City who I worry about. They have sold Balotelli and it looks like Dzeko might be on his way out, they need another big target man to compliment Aguero & Tevez. Is Benteke ready to play for Man City? Probably not... but neither was Rodwell or Sinclair but they still bought them. 

Benteke supports Arsenal so I'd like Wenger to splash big on him.

Not 100% we are going to sell this summer (if we avoid relegation).

Lambert would like to keep him and he is on a four year contract.

He is getting more expensive to buy with every goal.

We don't have to sell him until his transfer value peaks, which would be after a second successful season.

He's odds on now to break the 20 goal a season barrier

How much does a 20 goal a season striker sell for with 4 years still left on their contract?

Certainly not 15 million your having a laugh Levy

• Like 1

If we sell him I would demand £20m

Downing went for £20m...

English internationals always have inflated price tags plus benteke has only had one season here

Id rather we just sell him to Bayern or something. I hate it when our top players go to clubs in this league.

I think he will end up in a spurs shirt sadly. They need a striker and have money especially if they make top 4.

Never in a million years would he go for less than £20m. They aren't that stupid.

The facts are there, the performances have proven. We have the real deal, right here. He could be a one season wonder but that would be incredibly surprising, the lad is going to be a star. He knows it, Lambert knows it and the rest of the league knows it and I won't be surprised if we have several bids come our way. We have the power though, and Benteke is happy to stay for us for another season. It would be crazy of him to jump ship so quick when he won't be guaranteed starting every game at another club.

He's scoring nearly every other game, infact he's scoring every game right now. He starts for Belgium and if he keeps up this form there is no way that will change.

When he stays, and if he has another amazing season, he can go with all our blessings, as the truth is he will be too good for us. With that we will get a heck of a lot of money and with Lamberts judgement so far I'd be delighted with him spending that money. That's in the future though, and a variety of different things could change the ideal situation for us.

I love Benteke, but I'm not sure he's as good a player yet as Angel was in his prime. I know his prime lasted only a season and a half, but I'm throwing that out there.

I don't think there's a single thing that Angel does better than Benteke.

• Like 1

Instead of worrying about rumours and speculation regarding players leaving, why not enjoy what our best players are doing for the club?

If you were dating someone you suspected was a league above you, would you spend all the time paranoid about her leaving you or fill your boots while it lasted?

• Like 3

Instead of worrying about rumours and speculation regarding players leaving, why not enjoy what our best players are doing for the club?

If you were dating someone you suspected was a league above you, would you spend all the time paranoid about her leaving you or fill your boots while it lasted?

I have ALOT of time for this post.

Â