Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'm really glad some of our Villa supporters don't actually have a position on the Villa board... you'd accept £15m for Benteke?  you're giving him away for Elephant feed.

on the Weimann thread, some would snap your hand off for £8m. AGGGGGGGHHH!!

Weimann is worth more than the £20m we paid for Bent and Benteke is worth far more than we paid for Bent. With all the big clubs interested, £30m should be easy if he can continue to impress for the rest of the season.

As if!

We'll be lucky to get £15m for him, frankly. He is great in patches but a more frustrating player I have not seen in a long time. All the more frustrating because you know what he can do but only does it every now and then. This is of course down to his age and inexperience, and he will undoubtedly become a very good player, but he isn't there yet and given our current situation, I would be surprised if we got more than double we paid for him. That is still a great return after one season.

And Weimann is not worth £20 million, for goodness sake.

I might be more inclined to bridle at his remark if there was no truth in it. Unfortunately, there is no falsehood in it so I won't. It was a very direct way of putting it but it pretty much summed up the way things are at the moment.

You're getting a bit big for your boots ain't you?

i am sorry i was a bit frustrated when i read some of the posts of some ppl here... my apologies :(

I was thinking exactly the same when I read it. I'm all for reading outsiders points of view but for them to start getting cocky is a piss take.

sorry :(

I was hoping we would get a couple of seasons minimum from Benteke, but things don't look promising on that front. If we could have built a half decent team for this season then we would have had more chance of holding onto him. The only thing in our favour is he will still have 3 years left on his contract in the summer so we don't have to be bullied on the fee. I would have thought the bigger teams would want to see a bit more consistancy from him before making a move, but maybe they have seen enough to take the chance.

However, I think Weimann will show us some loyalty having come through the youth system and after we stood by him after his injury problems. Benteke doesn't really owe us much other than we gave him his chance in the premier league., he will see little chance that we can build anything here and be off to someone who can match his ambitions.

To be fair to Belgian Guy and the sinking ship comment, it is what most people on here are thinking. It hurts to hear because it is true.

i am sorry i was a bit frustrated when i read some of the posts of some ppl here... my apologies :(

sorry :(

I don't feel you need to apologise (although it is appreciated). I think you just voiced what some of us are thinking, but would rather not accept (just yet).

Anyway, I agree with NeilS. In one of the articles I read, it said that Benteke does feel he has a debt to the club for bringing him to the premier league, so will stay with us (for the short term).

I guess we'll have to wait and see how things play out and if his head is turned.

Edited by Ghost

Â