Christian Benteke

Kwan

If he goes in the summer and we make a mighty profit then everyone will have done well out of the deal - what we need to do is get the chairman to understand that it's the quality youngsters that deliver a profit and that the profit should be put back into buying more of the quality youngsters - until the quality youngsters become more important than the profit.

If he doesn't go, then good - the boy's a monster.

If he goes in the summer and we make a mighty profit then everyone will have done well out of the deal - what we need to do is get the chairman to understand that it's the quality youngsters that deliver a profit and that the profit should be put back into buying more of the quality youngsters - until the quality youngsters become more important than the profit.

If he doesn't go, then good - the boy's a monster.

This. If he goes without kicking up a stink and we get £15m - £20m for him I won't complain. But, as you say, it needs to be put straight back into signing more quality young players.

• Like 1

Wouldn't lose much sleep if he's sold tbh. Blows hot & cold.

first season in this league I think he's settled really well and really quickly. I think your criticism is an over the top reaction. I hope you are not saying it just as another stick with which to beat the manager. Edited by Richard

**** sake this is all media nonsense why is the media so down on villa really it has been for years. What's gonna relegate us is all the bull shit surrounding us the players can't get on with the job they have to listen to the papers dogging the, all the time calling them a disgrace and humiliating and all the English media make me **** sick. Who knows weather benteke wants to leave or not if he wants to use us a stepping stone to some where else **** him. If he keeps us up this year then by all means sell the lad he will be a hero in my eyes for keeping they worst team in the league as of this moment up

I'm really glad some of our Villa supporters don't actually have a position on the Villa board... you'd accept £15m for Benteke?  you're giving him away for Elephant feed.

on the Weimann thread, some would snap your hand off for £8m. AGGGGGGGHHH!!

Weimann is worth more than the £20m we paid for Bent and Benteke is worth far more than we paid for Bent. With all the big clubs interested, £30m should be easy if he can continue to impress for the rest of the season.

Edited by Con

Â