Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'm so pleased for Benteke.

This lad is destined for big things, and its an honour to watch him develop.

Bossing defenders physically at just 21, I think he's just starting to realise just how good he actually is.

Just goes to show really how over-priced British players are when you think that a 21 yr old Andy Carroll was signed for 5 TIMES as much as we paid for Benteke!

I'm so pleased for Benteke.

This lad is destined for big things, and its an honour to watch him develop.

Bossing defenders physically at just 21, I think he's just starting to realise just how good he actually is.

Just goes to show really how over-priced British players are when you think that a 21 yr old Andy Carroll was signed for 5 TIMES as much as we paid for Benteke!

I think every man and his dog thinks that Carroll fee was rediculous but there is a reason why he cost a lot more then Benteke and that was becuase he had already played a successful season in the prem, not that he was English.

I suspect we too will be able to command a very large fee for Benteke if he has a successful season in the prem.

The reason we got him cheap is because we were the ones to take a gamble on him performing from a poorer league, not his nationality.

It is the same with players like Westwood. He was cheap becasue he was not proven in this league, nothing to do with his nationality.

I think it is about time the chap had a song of his own and I don't mean something like "one Christian Benteke..."

He needs something individual like Carew or Gabby.

It's funny that you mention that Trent, me and my mate were only talking about that earlier.

We couldn't think of good lyrics, but perhaps something to the tune of Abba's Tragedy?

I think it is about time the chap had a song of his own and I don't mean something like "one Christian Benteke..."

If he keeps playing like he has done so far I predict that he will have at least 3 songs dedicated to him by the end of the season.

I see him in a Real Madrid shirt at some point in his career. No idea why but that image just comes to me.

I also see him as the kind of player that will help us attract other good players. Surely attacking players would love to play with him.

I see big things for him though what I would prefer more than anything is to see him in a Villa shirt playing against Real Madrid, I know it's optimistic but I really do hope that in 2-3 seasons we are pushing for Champions League and that Benteke is still here. I think he will go to Real Madrid or another massive club at some point in his career as he is just that good, but I'd love him to stay here and take us to cup and league glory.

It has to be the Dontcha song surely.

Dontcha wish your striker was Benteke......Dontcha!

Or,

We call him the Beast,

As once he's unleased,

He's our god-like figure,

He belongs to the Villa,

He turns on the style,

With his immense strength & guile,

He's Benteeeeeeke, Benteeeeeeeke!

We wouldn't wish him our our worst enemy!

Benteeeeeeeke!

Oh, that's bad isn't it..LOL

I'm really surprised a bigger deal hasn't been made about what should have been, IMO from where I was standing, a definite sending off for Benteke. I probably saw it wrong, but I'm sure he slapped Johnson. I couldn't believe it wasn't on MOTD and I haven't heard or read anything about it since, not even from Liverpool fans.

Did it actually happen or am I dreaming about Benteke again? Or did I just imagine it to be a bigger deal than it actually was?

I think it was more of a push to Johnson's face. There was a high-pitched scouse squeal from the crowd and the (biased) commentary I was listening to said it should've been a red card.

I said a few pages back he needs his own song as the "ooooh Christian Benteke" song is rubbish. I hope we canthink of a good one for him!

Remember reading somewhere....

Benteke oh ohhhh

Benteke oh ohhhh

He's Belgium congelese

And going to score with ease

Benteke oh ohhhh

Never seemed to have caught on, but I quite like it

Don'tcha wish your striker was Benteke... Gonna score the winner at Wembley.... Don'tcha (i suggested this months ago but I think ManUre have since started using it for RVP minus the wembley section)

or

don't you worry child don't you worry child, Benteke's got a goal for you (from experience it's absolutely euphoric singing this at 3am). could certainly do with some more lyrics, admittedly.

Â