Christian Benteke

Kwan

If we'd signed both players and either of them had made the same mistake then my criticism would have been the same.

I have already complemented both the team and manager concerning the game on Saturday and will continue to do so if our present form continues?

I am however very much guarded on going over board just based on one game much in the same way I was criticised for judging out manager after twelve games.

It's not just one game though is it? This is a culmination of fantastic performances, hence why he is being lauded so much on here. Obviously it's very early days but it's clear we've got a fantastic player on our hands here.

Anyway, I'd say slating him after one or two games is going more overboard than praising him after almost half a season of good performances.

We have a fabulous talent on our hands. A talent that teams across europe will covet, if they aren't already. A talent that we will be lucky to hold onto and even if we do have to sell him I think will help us as a club move to the next stage anyway by the money he will attract allowing us to develop as a club

We should just enjoy watching, what I and many other fans consider to be, the finest talent I have seen at this club in the last 25 years not pick holes over what is basically feck all.

• Like 1

Morpheous is not acceptable to disagree with an opinion of someone once, and agree with them another time.

I know there is a level of credibility about Shearers view of a complete all round CF performance, however although Beneteke made a mistake (big **** deal who hasnt made one) the goal was preventable and not directly his fault so I disagreed with Shearer on that issue.

Lambert knew of him prior to joining and knew Wilmots to get a feel of the type of striker he is. I also think him going away with Belgium when he missed a few with us was crucial to a change in form, as the national manager had complete faith in him, he repayed him with a few goals.

I remember noticing how much he changed the game when he came on for Bent at Fulham. Suddenly their midfield and defence were being challenged for the ball and generally knocked about in a way that just hadn't been happening before. It was obvious then he was going to develop into a real asset but he has come on much faster than anyone had a right to expect and his partnerships with Weimann and to a lesser extent Holman are looking really promising.

He is quite young still so his progress may be uneven and we must be ready for him to have slightly duff games but in general I think we are in for an exciting season!

My only question is: Are there any more where he came from? :)

Who ridiculed him? I certainly didn't, however i was referring to you using Shearers comments to beat Benteke with? Now he says its the best forward performance he's seen this season, errm we shouldn't take NO notice.

Hold the **** on here a minute.

If you read back in this thread I did state that Benteke was at fault for the third goal when we played Man U. Shearer then reiterated my point on MOTD. I then used Shearer's opinion to back my debate which was then ridiculed due to using Shearer's opinion. Now Shearer's opinion is being accepted. Do you see the difference, or are you being ignorant for the sake of it?

This is you all over, you won't go overboard based on one game, however you slated him after one game? Calling him all sorts, saying he is not quite a player, errm comparing him to Balaban. Also can we have a ban on mentioning Berbatov or Adam as they were never ever linked to us nor were they ever likely to join even though Morpheus constantly mentions them.

I slated Benteke because he was poor. Several other posters on here as we'll as pundits also criticised Benteke. My critique was based on his performances as my praise is now.

The very same applies to our performances unless you now expect me to say we're going to win the Premiership based on one performance? Are you going to join the other posters who are suggesting qualification for Europe based on one performance? I'm afraid, based on our performances before Saturday and our next set of fixtures I'm going to wait.

Shearer was wrong when he said Benteke was at fault for Utd's 3rd goal, his mistake was just one of at least three resulting in that goal.

However even if he had been right it wouldn't detract from Benteke's ability as a striker, which Shearer recognised at the same time due to his contribution to our first goal.

People often hear and see what they want.

Shearer was wrong when he said Benteke was at fault for Utd's 3rd goal, his mistake was just one of at least three resulting in that goal.

However even if he had been right it wouldn't detract from Benteke's ability as a striker, which Shearer recognised at the same time due to his contribution to our first goal.

They see what they want, they see what they waaaaaaant...

Another awesome thing about him is how quick he learns from his mistakes. When he missed those few sitters, what did he do? Score that calculated placed goal against Norwich. When he had chances where he should have been hitting the ball with pace, but he instead tried to go with finesse and that didn't work what happened? He scored a couple of belters against Norwich and Liverpool. It's scary to think that this guy can keep improving because he's only 22.

It's not just one game though is it? This is a culmination of fantastic performances, hence why he is being lauded so much on here. Obviously it's very early days but it's clear we've got a fantastic player on our hands here.

Anyway, I'd say slating him after one or two games is going more overboard than praising him after almost half a season of good performances.

Read my post again. My comment 'one game' was in reference to the team's performance against Liverpool not Benteke who has been fantastic for us in the last four games.

Hold the **** on here a minute.

If you read back in this thread I did state that Benteke was at fault for the third goal when we played Man U. Shearer then reiterated my point on MOTD. I then used Shearer's opinion to back my debate which was then ridiculed due to using Shearer's opinion. Now Shearer's opinion is being accepted. Do you see the difference, or are you being ignorant for the sake of it?

I slated Benteke because he was poor. Several other posters on here as we'll as pundits also criticised Benteke. My critique was based on his performances as my praise is now.

The very same applies to our performances unless you now expect me to say we're going to win the Premiership based on one performance? Are you going to join the other posters who are suggesting qualification for Europe based on one performance? I'm afraid, based on our performances before Saturday and our next set of fixtures I'm going to wait.

We go round the flipping roundabout again. Plus mind your language, I haven't used foul language so what gives you the right to? So on the 3rd goal, was there any blame attributed to KEA for conceding the foul? Or for Stevens who let Hernandez have a free header? NO in your eyes it was directly Benteke's fault. Shearer mindly pointed out that he should have held onto it, which we all agree on however Shearer did not directly blame him for the goal which you did. On Europe, one poster said it as a joke but you expect everyone to understand the tone your coming from but you couldn't see the smiley faces against the 'top 4'. When did I say we'd win the Premiership? I have stated numerous times, this season will still be a struggle and thats including the result on Saturday, I am wise enough to see the bigger picture but also not short-sighted such as you to criticise everything. but i'll let you carry on as you make yourself look stupid.

Totally agree, he did not blame Benteke for the 3rd goal, he clearly pointed out he should have held it which no-one is debating, but there were two further errors which he is clearly missing. Would help if he watched the game rather than analysing Benteke.

Â