Christian Benteke

Kwan

I do think people are letting their personal dislike of Liverpool affect their feelings on this transfer. He gets to play in a team full of England Internationals, in Europe, with the potential of playing Champs League in the next 2-3 years. If it that last part doesn't happen, he'll only be 26-27 reaching his peak and can move again having spent the same time at Liverpool as he did at Villa.

Liverpool are still one of the biggest 20 clubs in the world despite a few tough seasons (finishing mainly 5th/6th/7th). We moan when lottery winners like City can take our players due to the money, but then we also moan when a more traditional giant of the game does their best to find ways to compete with these new-found rich clubs.

SSN saying his medical has been completed and the deal likely to be finalised today.

Goodbye big fella. No offence to you but I hope Liverpool win nothing. Wish you all the best though and look forward to seeing you in Internationals and playing for your next club which will hopefully be outside of the Premier League.

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

I do think people are letting their personal dislike of Liverpool affect their feelings on this transfer.

:lol: Umm yes, completely. We're football fans and I f**king hate Liverpool. Of course his destination affects my feelings. I've said countless times that I want him to go to literally anyone but Liverpool.

Even Man United?

I've nothing against Benteke, I've proclaimed my love for him more than once. I'm not even bothered about the club he's going to. I still hope, with all my heart, than in 6 months' time, he's being referred to as, "£32.5m Liverpool flop, Christian Benteke".

• Like 1

He has sold himself well short. He has shown an annoying lack of ambition. He has jumped at the first flash of knicker-elastic from a decent-sized club and he will now tear up the Europa League for the foreseeable future.  I really like the guy and I hate where he's going so I can only hope that he uses them as a stepping stone towards a Champions League club, but that he doesn't MAKE them a Champions League club in the process (unlikely).  It would be absolutely wonderful to see him move on from them next summer.  I'm torn between wishing him well and him doing well for them.  Just get out of that club as soon as you can big man so I can start cheering you on again.

Even Man United?

They would be my first choice actually if he was staying in the Premier League.
  • Like 3

Anyone tell me are player transfers subject to VAT? I'd imagine we'd have more than enough losses to cover any CT on any sales at this stage but would CB's transfer be subject to VAT?

Hopefully Real Madrird within a year good luck Tekkers, thanks for keeping us up

unfortunately it'll be for 70m and they'll make a big fat profit from it following the likes of Suarez and Sterling

Anyone tell me are player transfers subject to VAT? I'd imagine we'd have more than enough losses to cover any CT on any sales at this stage but would CB's transfer be subject to VAT?

Looks like they are, jesus no wonder, people are saying we won't have a net spend of £20m, so take VAT off, take off 10% to Benteke, Genk's share and what are we left with.

Â