Christian Benteke

Kwan

I bloody hope the move IS happening - got a feeling we may already have spent some of the money on account.

:o

Wouldnt mind if it wasn't to be honest, we haven't we've spent around £15-17m so far, with £8m for Delph, £3m for Andi, £1m for Lowton. That's a net spend of about £5m the club should be putting up at the very least £20m.

He's currently in a hotel in Liverpool along with Reus

And Dale Stephens?

Why on earth Reus would go to Liverpool is beyond my comprehension.

Why did Cabaye go to Palace? Stranger things have happened

I think that's a bit of a silly comparison.

He's currently in a hotel in Liverpool along with Reus

And Dale Stephens?

Why on earth Reus would go to Liverpool is beyond my comprehension.

Why did Cabaye go to Palace? Stranger things have happened

I think that's a bit of a silly comparison.

To go from a strong champions league outfit to a fairly new mediocre Premier League club - I think he could've gone to a whole host of clubs. 

My point was you didn't expect it and you wouldn't expect Reus to go to Liverpool but it could happen. 

Brendan Rogers walked near me as he was a guest of the Port Adelaide FC in the AFL on Sunday. I booed him mercilessly.

Most of the liverpoo players did so youd have been drowned out

I hate Liverpool as much as the next man, but he's clearly not wanting to comment because he's not their player yet. Which is respectful.

"im sorry but you know im not allowed to talk about it"

"id rather focus on the players we have here"

there are ways round the question that he could have taken without coming across like an idiot and a blatant liar

• Like 1

A £32.5 million move for the Aston Villa striker is expected to be completed in the coming days, but the Reds boss insists he has no idea about the situationLiverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has distanced the club from growing speculation linking Christian Benteke with a £32.5 million move to Anfield.

Goal understands Liverpool are ready to trigger the big-money release clause in Benteke's Aston Villa contract and it is expected a deal will be concluded in the coming days, with widepsread reports that the Belgium striker is set to undergo a medical.

But speaking after the Reds beat Adelaide United 2-0 in a pre-season friendly on Monday, Rodgers was deadpan in his response when asked by local journalists about Benteke's future.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said at a press conference. When pushed further, he added: "No really, I don't know what you're talking about."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/07/20/13736842/benteke-to-liverpool-i-dont-know-what-youre-talking-about?ICID=HP_BN_2

Sky Sports headline: Brendan Rodgers: Liverpool signed Christian Benteke to boost goal tally. Brendan Rodgers says "Liverpool have swooped to sign Christian Benteke because the Reds desperately need to improve their firepower"

OK, I am confused.... :wacko:

If you read that article, there is absolutely no mention of Benteke by Brendan in his quotes there. He just talks about needing more goals from his team. It is yet another made-up load of rubbish by whatever passes for journalists these days.

Dreadful stuff by Sky.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

Love Benteke as a player and I am sad he’s going.  But I have accepted it’s probably best for all concerned.  I now wish they would hurry up and bloody sign him so we can move forward.  The whole saga is like a slow painful death……

I like Benteke and I think this has been handled well by him, if only a little slow.

My worry is that Liverpool aren't a stunning outfit, and have made their fair share of good strikers look dull over the years. I hope he does well and goes on to play for a title chasing team. No doubt that he's earned his go on the stage.

I bloody hope the move IS happening - got a feeling we may already have spent some of the money on account.

:o

No, I don't think so. We really have only spent what a club of our size us should expect to spend.

Â