Christian Benteke

Kwan

Christ on a bike. You know the price. Just pay it already 

They had to pay a sell on fee to QPR for Sterling hence why they held out for a huge fee, we have the same issue with Benteke so we are not going to back down unless we get it.Simples also the whole world knows they have the money to buy him after selling Sterling ( assuming the purchases they have made already to be covered by the Sterling sale ) so pay up or piss off.

He will get much better service at Utd

I think Liverpool could be a mistake for him......but hey, I just want the money now, so we can get on with our business.

• Like 1

Liverpool know the price of Benteke - so it's £32.5m or bugger off.

There problem now is that with £50m in the bank (less the chunk to QPR) the fees other clubs will want from them has just gone up a notch, both because they have the cash and they need to replace their best player. As a result, I now think it's more likely they'll cough up in full, as our fee won't/can't change.

Which means that Man U are more likely to buy him - because he's a better fit and it'll piss off the scousers!

Worried that they'll wait till late in the day to activate his release clause and we will be left with no time to buy a replacement

This is my concern and to be fair it is a massive massive concern, we are powerless if the activation clause is met, we need to get another striker in immedietely if he stays then so be it but if he leaves and they do it on the last day we are screwed we will never  get a decent replacement in on the last day and that in iteself could hamper us until january because I dont fancy gabby or kozak to do the business to he extent tekkers does.

This situation needs to be sorted the longer it goes on the more chance our preperation suffers.

• Like 1

Worried that they'll wait till late in the day to activate his release clause and we will be left with no time to buy a replacement

Would much rather we spent now on at least one extra striker. If/when Benteke goes we can settle the discrepancy in the funds.

Even if Benteke does stay we need a bit of competition for places, if he stays and falls injured we're in just as bad a position otherwise.

Come on Tim get them in

Saw that Jurno Terruer (he follows Belgium players in the prem for top paper over there) tweet Genk will get 15% of any fee over 8m if we sell Benteke.

So about 4mil of the transfer then. That's not that much of a hit for us really. 

He will get much better service at Utd

I think Liverpool could be a mistake for him......but hey, I just want the money now, so we can get on with our business.

Yep, yepperty, yep.

• Like 1

Can someone just tell us who Embolo is or do i just have to use the GOOGLES, seen his name over and over again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8cWqkg7vcA

EDIT: found for those who were in the dark like me, not sure how to embed video though. Swiss/Cameroonian Basle striker.

Continued my quixotic campaign against pop dubstep, and watched this video accompanied by 'Combine Harvester', much improved. 

Saw that Jurno Terruer (he follows Belgium players in the prem for top paper over there) tweet Genk will get 15% of any fee over 8m if we sell Benteke.

So about 4mil of the transfer then. That's not that much of a hit for us really.

Ye it's not much, we'd still net 29m

Nice to see all of the old Liverpool players now bleating on about how great the Sterling deal is for them, and that City overpaid by 15m-20m.

Guaranteed they will be the same pricks who come out and complain about us overpricing Benteke.

• Like 2

Nice to see all of the old Liverpool players now bleating on about how great the Sterling deal is for them, and that City overpaid by 15m-20m.

Guaranteed they will be the same pricks who come out and complain about us overpricing Benteke.

Liverpool fc is a cult

We need another striker regardless of whether he stays or goes .

• Like 4

We need another striker regardless of whether he stays or goes .

Problem is if (when...) he goes, we need 3.

Actually in terms of fees "net" is about 21M

Actually in terms of fees "net" is about 21M

Explain please....

Â