Christian Benteke

Kwan

Benteke: you dont want to play here and i dont want you here.

Get out of my club you mercenary

No need for that at all, Benteke owes us nothing and I for one am glad he has stayed and kept us up season after season, can hardly blame him for wanting to play in a side that's possibly in Europe or challenging higher up the table, he is progressing as a player while we are not as a club.

I wish him all the best cos he's a great striker for whoever gets him I just hope he doesn't score against us.

• Like 1

I don't begrudge him a move, but if he does go then I hope he goes quietly. We don't need a summer of rebuilding over-shadowed by a "will he / won't he" saga for our prize asset. Lets either get our replacements in first and sell him later when we are comfortable that we can manage without him, or sell him quickly so we have the whole summer to rebuild.

If the buying club (e.g. Liverpool) start pissing around over the fee, it would leave a really sour taste if Benteke threatens to go on strike or something like that to force a move.

As it is, I think the majority of fans wouldn't give him any abuse if he left because he's never said anything negative about the club, and even in his interview the other day he stopped short of saying anything to blatantly upset the fans or burn his bridges. I think he is a clever guy and hope he handles himself well over the next couple of months, where he stays or not.

• Like 1

Remembering the shock when he decided to stay the last time...holding out hope for a similar shock.

Yeah, I don't know what surprised me more: Benteke re-signing or Delph re-signing. You never know.....

Sadly he is top 4 quality and we are a rudderless championship team, you can't blame him. I think we have been fortunate to have 3 seasons.

Benteke owes us nothing. If anything we owe him for staying here in this shower of shit for the past few years.

This - it's amazing he's stayed for 100 games. He's top class and can do a lot better than us.

I really, really hope he stays but if he doesn't - I'll totally understand.

clutching at straws comes to mind but heres the thing....hes under contract , 2 years, 50k a week,& paid £7m for him.. if we keep him for his contract we get the player for 2years on 50k & loose the 7m but we keep the player

if sold for 30m & ring club x for player x they pump up the price as they know we need & got ££££...shaft city..

unless the 32m is paid i would keep him & you know you have goals for next 2 seasons, if you spread the £7m over 5-6years hes been at villa ..hes been great value,

Giroud is easily the most under rated striker in the prem by fans it looks like. why are you bringing costa/rooney/aguero into this when the debate is clearly if Benteke is better than giroud?

It frustrates me when people say "Benteke has scored X amount for villa who play in a worse team, imagine what he could do for a top4 team" (or similar line of thinking) as if its transferable to when players move to top teams. He just wont get nowhere near the space playing for arsenal than what he does playing for villa (youll probably make argument that he gets double marked when playing for villa, but he also doesnt have 10men behind the ball nearly every single game like arsenal do). Benteke would cripple so so so many of Arsenals attacks due to poor touch and slow moving of the ball (whilst these may be good or good enough for villa...it just isnt for Arsenal). Giroud is so elite at playing in tight spaces with 1 touch passing that arsenal midfield goalscoring record would dip as a result of playing benteke.

There goal scoring record isnt THAT much different and you appear to be ignoring (or not mentioning) giroud injury problems aswell. Theres a reason why Mou didnt like Lukaku. Theres a reason why Bony transfer looks the most bizarre transfer and just doesnt fit in the Man City squad at all. Because theyre all brute force strikers with poor touch/link up play who looks way better playing for more "lesser" teams than they do for elite teams

I would obviously prefer benteke for villa than giroud though

Oh one last thing. Arsenal really arnt lacking in goals that they need an elite goal scorer (and only that, as in. a 25goal prem striker offering not much in their attacks) to make the difference between title/nontitle. The difference is not having Per.Mert and  having coquillin at start of the season (or someone similar to Coq) and probably keeping Ramsay fit. Goalkeeper would help

Great post, though you won't find many agreeing with you in these quarters. 

Benteke for 30 mil is a huge risk, it's not a bargain deal at all and it's very possible that no one would meet that clause, if it exists at all. I just hope he'd be professional enough if there's no deal. His agent seems incredibly amateurish. 

You can't blame him. Why would he stay with a side that finished 17th and failed miserably in the cup final? He is too good for that

We only have ourselves to blame. Good luck Tekkers wherever you end up. I will always be grateful for what you have done for us

I can't see him going. Maybe in January.

The way I see it, I can't see anyone paying the release fee, apart from Chelsea if Costa gets his (rumoured) way and returns to Spain.

Kismet, in that prank call, stated CB would do anything legally to leave Villa for a bigger club, but lets not forget Kismet was the one who agreed to a £32.5m release clause in his contract. This would surely be the "legal" release from contract and is only relevant if a suitor is willing to pay it.

I can see him going in January for either his release clause if he starts the season on fire, or around £15-20m if he has an average start.

You can't blame him. Why would he stay with a side that finished 17th and failed miserably in the cup final? He is too good for that

We only have ourselves to blame. Good luck Tekkers wherever you end up. I will always be grateful for what you have done for us

Lol while I agree with your overall sentiment its a bit steep saying we failed in the cup !....we did beat 90 other league clubs and however many hundred others to the final. If the only thing that doesn't count as failure is winning it then United, Chelsea,etc, all failed too so it would cancel out on the ' crapometer'

• Like 2

Â