Christian Benteke

Kwan

If we have any chance of winning on Saturday, Benteke needs to play the game of his life. He needs to bully the Arsenal centre backs to the point that they are so preoccupied with him, space opens up for Grealish, Nzogbia and Delph. If Benteke has a poor game, (or gets not service), we have absolutely no chance.

He just needs to take his chance when they come.  He'll get 2 or 3.  If he fluffs them then we're in trouble.  For me the 'game of their life' needs to come from Westwood, Delph & Cleverley because they'll be tasked with out-running one of the most midfieldiest midfield teams in the league.  If they can do that and our keeper can remain clangerfree then we've a chance.  This is far from being an unbeatable Arsenal team.

• Like 3

He just needs to take his chance when they come.  He'll get 2 or 3.  If he fluffs them then we're in trouble.  For me the 'game of their life' needs to come from Westwood, Delph & Cleverley because they'll be tasked with out-running one of the most midfieldiest midfield teams in the league.  If they can do that and our keeper can remain clangerfree then we've a chance.  This is far from being an unbeatable Arsenal team.

Is it bad that I know what you mean by that?

And yeah, agree with all you said. I just think if Benteke has anything but a brilliant game, we're screwed. Not so much on what he actually does, but what he makes the opposition do.

• Like 1

Agreed...

...but part of me would rather play any other team in the Premier League at Wembley than Arsenal.  They're the exact opposite of us.  It scares me :(

Agreed...

...but part of me would rather play any other team in the Premier League at Wembley than Arsenal.  They're the exact opposite of us.  It scares me :(

Reading came close.

I think Christian Benteke will still be an Aston Villa player for all of next season.

I think so too as long as Sherwood is the manager. Benteke seems to really like Sherwood and Sherwood probably has him believing that he can turn Benteke into a 20+ goal scorer. 

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/444548/Christian-Benteke-Liverpool-transfer-news

"CHRISTIAN BENTEKE will sign for Liverpool - if he's given assurances he'll be the first-choice striker."

I feel like these have to be complete crap. It says that Liverpool will give us a 20 million pound bid, which is about 10 million lower than the amount that I would even consider selling him for. 

Liverpool is not a step up. They will have Europa league, but we may as well. Unless Liverpool get Champions League, there is no reason to move. 

I am Villa through and through but lets not be as deluded as the scousers. We have consistently for the last few seasons finished around the relegation zone whereas Liverpool have been top end. Liverpool is a step up from Villa that cant really be argued with

That being said I hope he can see that Sherwood is building a team for him that suits his style, unless injured he is a guaranteed starter and even with only another year here he will flourish. I am hopeful that he will be here next season 

This guy is usually spot on with info on all the Belgium players.

No formal bid has been made yet, but Liverpool are definitely in the race for Christian Benteke. #avfc #lfc

130 retweets 55 favorites
  1. Tim Sherwood says Aston Villa have not had any offers for striker Christian Benteke. (via @SkyFootball) --> Tim's not lying.

Yeah if Liverpool are in a race then they're f**ked. The only way they're getting him is if they have a clear run at him.

Apparently Genk have a selling on clause which could be as much as 15% if we do sell Benteke, nothing confirmed but would imagine might be something in it.

http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/181561/Rode_Duivel_kan_KRC_Genk_3-5_miljoen_euro_opleveren

I remember reports around the time of the signing suggesting as much. So basically if we sold for £30m, we'd only receive £25.5m - not a sufficient return. We need to try and push the fee nearer to £35m so we can at least recoup £30m from it.

Â