Christian Benteke

Kwan

Ah so him being offside is everyone else's fault?

New week, new excuse for him it seems.

No but it contributes. When some of them take an extra touch before they release the ball that makes the difference. He wasnt offside by much. Alot of good strikers are offside as they try to create space and beat their man. 

I think Benteke is a fantastic player and easily our only 'star'.

However, I think we should have sold him when we were getting quotes around the £30m mark. Let's be sensible, in our position we should have taken the cash and spread it about a bit more. On average Lambert has spent less than £3m per player so that'd arguably be ten new players! I am slightly exaggerating there but there is a serious point behind it.

Benteke is a luxury we can't afford. He's at least three years worth of budget in one player so when he's injured, off form or, as he is now, simply lazy we have nothing. Furthermore, he gets devalued for every season he can't score because of the rest of the team and every year his contract runs down.

Benteke is not so good that the kind of money we could have got for him would not have made a more significant difference used elsewhere. We'd be better with a worse striker (but maybe playing Gabby/Andi as strikers rather than wingers) but better/ more creative midfield.

I'd like to keep him and have the funds to provide the players who could provide any striker with service but that really is a ridiculous pipedream with Lerner in charge!

There's no point having Messi in the team if the rest are Tonev!

• Like 1

He looks to me like he has given up however if he keeps playing like this we will be lucky to get our money back on him let alone 30m!

He's our only really top class player and even though it was Lambert who brought him it will be because of Lambert's football that he leaves soon, who can blame him?

Who wants to play for Lambert at the moment. We will be crying our eyes out when he goes to Tottenham or Arsenal and scoring 20+ goals a season under a different system and better manager. He has only gone shit since we took on this possession shite, strange that!

When we have most of our players playing at less than 5 out of 10, why is it we insist Benteke should be 10 out of 10 every game.

Inzaghi was born offside.Dean Saunders was another one.

I don't mind players being caught offside, it shows that they are taking a chance.

It amazes me that some of CBs biggest critics on here, are Westwoods biggest supporter on another, one rule for one?

Inzaghi was born offside.Dean Saunders was another one.

I don't mind players being caught offside, it shows that they are taking a chance.

It amazes me that some of CBs biggest critics on here, are Westwoods biggest supporter on another, one rule for one?

100% Lambert to blame if he goes this window.

Could do an exchange for Ballotelli ;)

lol all we need right now is a much lazier version of Benteke
If we signed Balotelli we'd win the league. He scored at least 2 goals every time he was on the pitch with Aston Villa!

Who wants to play for Lambert at the moment. We will be crying our eyes out when he goes to Tottenham or Arsenal and scoring 20+ goals a season under a different system and better manager. He has only gone shit since we took on this possession shite, strange that!

When we have most of our players playing at less than 5 out of 10, why is it we insist Benteke should be 10 out of 10 every game.

The new style clearly isn't suiting our best player - whether is cause or effect he himself has played very poorly in the last few games - unless he finds his shooting boots were done for...

• Like 1

I would sell him tbh. Were no longer getting the best out of him. I don't imagine he actually wants to be here. He's our greatest asset for funds and if we could get 20m then that's enough to actually rejuvenate the team a bit.

The longer he plays in this team, the lower his value IMO.

Â