Christian Benteke

Kwan

Lukaku is absolutely shite.

He can't even get into an awful Everton side at the moment.

17 premier league goals in 12/13 for West Brom, 15 for Everton in 13/14 and already scored 6 this season.

Certainly not absolute shite - whether he was worth £28m is up for debate.

IMO for a 21 year old he's done well and has a bright future.

Anyway back on topic to Benteke. As others have alluded to we need to change the way we play to get the best out of him.  

• Like 3

Yes they are ridiculous. But it's very much the minority. The majority cricitising are not saying anything of the sort.

What point are you trying to make here Stefan, I'm lost. I've already said that I've no problem with people criticising his performances of late... 

It must be immensely tiring being him and being expected to be the entire goalscoring threat of the team.

The fact that some are turning on him and slagging him off is ridiculous. 

Your OP didn't imply that.

I said that some are turning on him and slagging him off, which is true and you've agreed with it, calling them a minority, which I agreed with.

I'll ask again, what is your point?

Man City in for him according to today's transfer gossip

As it's January it would have to be an astonishing transfer fee (or straight swap for Sinclair ;) )

It could be the type of signing that secures them the title.  They may well be prepared to spend big for that.

If,and its a big IF Man City are genuinely in for him, it could go a long way to explaining his attitude presently.

I personally don't think Benteke is at Man Citys standard so don't believe there is any truth in this. If there was truth in it, it could be a solution to a few problems.

Would Benteke really go there? He seems to have high standards for himself, and even though I'm sure the money would be an attraction, I honestly think playing football week in week out is more important to him. He wouldn't be a starter for them once their big players get back from injury.

But if we did sell him, I'm sure most fans would be happy enough if we reinvested it on Danny ings and a decent attacking midfielder.

Would Benteke really go there? He seems to have high standards for himself, and even though I'm sure the money would be an attraction, I honestly think playing football week in week out is more important to him. He wouldn't be a starter for them once their big players get back from injury.

But if we did sell him, I'm sure most fans would be happy enough if we reinvested it on Danny ings and a decent attacking midfielder.

Yeah, I think he'd go to Man City even to be a substitute.  Stature and money talks louder than first team football, more often than not.

Were bad enough in front of goal as it is without selling our only goal threat. £40million would be a drop in the ocean compared to what wed lose when we get relegated without him.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 2

Â