Christian Benteke

Kwan

Amongst all the doom and gloom, I bring good news!

@bren_mcloughlin Christian Benteke making good progress in recovery from an Achilles injury & could be pushing to return in September #avfc

• Like 4

Amongst all the doom and gloom, I bring good news!

@bren_mcloughlin Christian Benteke making good progress in recovery from an Achilles injury & could be pushing to return in September #avfc

What a tank!

No matter how vital he is, I have no desire to see him struggling ineffectively around the pitch just so we could 'have him in the team'. Bringing him back too quickly didn't help at all last season. 

• Like 1

Maybe he'll make it back for the start well win the first 3 then he'll be off at the end of August leaving us with nearly a quarter of the points we will need to stay up with 35 games to go................. Sorry the pessimist and the optimist are having a fight at the moment.

September is shocking month for us and we will get smashed with or without Benteke v the teams we have to play so they better not bring him back early.

Not necessarily, of the 3 teams we play that month we beat 2 and played the other off the park for 45 minutes last season. I'm more worried about the home fixtures against the crap teams.

Even when he comes back he will take him time to get back to anywhere near his best.

This is my fear. The date he returns and is fit could determine whether we stay up or not.

I would hope that we'll have learnt the lessons of last season in that regard and ease him in until he's properly fit - though I accept that it will be dictated to an extent by results. When's Kozak due back?

Â