Christian Benteke

Kwan

Bollocks. I was wondering why everyone was saying Benteke will be out on Saturday. Really bad news for him and being purely selfish for Villa it is less chance of a high price summer sale. What bad luck but hopefully he will have other chances to play in the World Cup and he will come back bigger and better.

Confirmed by club out 6 months , have to say following N'zogbia with similar injury and Kozak's leg break exactly what kind of training schedule are they working under.3 players in one year is a piss take

Nzogbia did his on holiday, Kozak was an accident, we don't even know how benteke did his yet....

Lambert out

I just hope we can scrape enough points to stay up now. Scoring goals has just become that bit harder. Gabby and Weimann are going to have to seriously up their game as they have both been useless this season. I worry that Lambert will rely on his mate Holt to step in and he will be as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Finally, I bet his scumbag agent is crying himself to sleep tonight. No big fat commission for him this summer.

I'm sure Benteke will be back from this - whatever division we are in next season!

Absolutely gutted for him. So sad he will miss the world cup - this was to be his big moment. 

I hope he can recover to regain the exciting level of football he has achieved in the past with Villa.

We look a bit thin forward-line wise for the rest of the season.

Confirmed by club out 6 months , have to say following N'zogbia with similar injury and Kozak's leg break exactly what kind of training schedule are they working under.3 players in one year is a piss take

Nzogbia did his on holiday, Kozak was an accident, we don't even know how benteke did his yet....

Lambert out

Same as Nzogbia was just running and it pinged according to Journo on Twitter

Can't say I'm gutted for him personally, as I don't think he really cares about us given what he's said and done whilst being here.

But I'm devastated as he's a quality player and we can't even sell him let alone play him :(

He hasn't exactly been on fire has he?? Hopefully we will resist the temptation to play Holt and actully keep the ball on the deck for 5 minutes, it might might not turn out to be that bad

Benteke is a fantastic player and losing him is a massive blow but I think people overestimate his short-term importance. We still managed to win games when he was out earlier in the season so there's no reason why we can't do the same again.

I guess the difference here is that we had Kozak back then but I still think we'll be fine.

Feel so terrible about this. Couldn't believe it when I saw it. I'm sure Christian feels even worse. The world cup especially from his perspective only comes around every four years. Lambert's going to have to completely reassess his team. The thought of Grant Holt leading the line for the rest of the season sickens me. Also I really felt Weimann was starting to adjust into playing behind Benteke. 

• Like 1

I wonder whether this has helped our chances of keeping him next season?

Terrible news. No excuses for Lambert not to give Helenius a chance to shine under the circumstances for the rest of the season.

Never going to happen, this was why Holt was signed.

Â