Christian Benteke

Kwan

Assuming we're safe from relegation, and I do assume we're safe from relegation, is anyone else looking forward to seeing what we can do with this situation?

Hopefully we're not looking at Grant Holt putting in 630 minutes of mediocre performances, but I don't think we are. I think we'll see some of Helenius, Robinson, and maybe even Kozak. Should be interesting to say the least.

Hopefully we will see Robinson and Helenius get more minutes on the pitch, I think Robinson has the all attributes to be a classy forward player.

• Like 2

Assuming we're safe from relegation, and I do assume we're safe from relegation, is anyone else looking forward to seeing what we can do with this situation?.

No because we have a manager who hasn't given a chance to any academy player yet. So it is doubtful as to whether he will do so now.

• Like 1

Assuming we're safe from relegation, and I do assume we're safe from relegation, is anyone else looking forward to seeing what we can do with this situation?.

No because we have a manager who hasn't given a chance to any academy player yet. So it is doubtful as to whether he will do so now.

Robinson has a greater chance though now.

C'mon Isa, just like any manager, Lambert will give starts to players he thinks are ready, or when he doesn't have a choice. So put the anti-Lambert thing away for a second and admit that he likely will give them a chance now, if only because he has to.

I don't think Helenius or Robinson wil get much of a chance until were confirmed safe and even then with every place being worth so much money I reckon if they're lucky they might be able to come on as subs late into games.

Plus Benteke's injury might not have much bearing on whether Helenius gets a chance or not with him not being a target man, I suppose you could say the same about Robinson. I hope they get a chance though.

C'mon Isa, just like any manager, Lambert will give starts to players he thinks are ready, or when he doesn't have a choice. So put the anti-Lambert thing away for a second and admit that he likely will give them a chance now, if only because he has to.

He doesn't 'have to' though. For all we know, he'll just go with the likes of Holt, Gabby, Weimann, Albrighton and maybe Tonev. It's nothing to do with being 'anti-Lambert', it's just that there is no basis to assume that Robinson will definitely get an opportunity just because of this as you seem to be doing.

Assuming we're safe from relegation, and I do assume we're safe from relegation, is anyone else looking forward to seeing what we can do with this situation?

Hopefully we're not looking at Grant Holt putting in 630 minutes of mediocre performances, but I don't think we are. I think we'll see some of Helenius, Robinson, and maybe even Kozak. Should be interesting to say the least.

Hopefully we will see Robinson and Helenius get more minutes on the pitch, I think Robinson has the all attributes to be a classy forward player.

Now really isn't the time to be putting untried kids up front, we still need points.  Play Gabby and Weimann in a proper 4-4-2, with Albrighton on one of the wings.

• Like 1

Aside from being genuinely gutted for him on a personal level its not the worst news ever is it? For reasons which have all been covered.

6 games watching holt though who i dont think is bad as some make out but never a starter.

Lambert out

Ahaha, Although maybe it was a genius move to stop him starring at the world cup so we could have him for another season?

On a more serious note. Horrible injury at a bad time for him and his career, Let's hope he gets good care and has good people around him to get his head straight coz he must be thinking his world has just caved in right now,

i can't believe this.... wat the hell happens on that training pitch? he isn't the first one this season who gets heavily injured on the villa training... :bang:

You must be gutted! Even more so than we are if that's possible!  :(

He's going to miss pre-season for of course as well for us so even when he does come back he'll be way off the pace. Happens all the time.

We need to invest some big bucks for a striker and pray for the rest of the season because we are beyond useless without him.

i can't believe this.... wat the hell happens on that training pitch? he isn't the first one this season who gets heavily injured on the villa training... :bang:

You must be gutted! Even more so than we are if that's possible! :(

He's going to miss pre-season for of course as well for us so even when he does come back he'll be way off the pace. Happens all the time.

We need to invest some big bucks for a striker and pray for the rest of the season because we are beyond useless without him.

Beyond useless? We picked up points without him before.

Â