Christian Benteke

Kwan

Trouble is at xmas a 1 week injury that might mean missing 1 game suddenly becomes 3-4 games. I know Benteke's been poor but he has to spark into life at some stage.

So HH I'll take an educated guess at a front 3 of Albrighton-Kozak-Weimann, looks like the best we've got really and one of those is woefully out of form.

Agreed.

He's been labouring since he came back.

I do think he was probably cleared by medical staff, I don't believe Lambert would have gone over them and just started playing him. Perhaps he should have been eased back a bit more though, he looked tentative.

The old classic, the harder you go in, the less likely you are to get hurt. He's been wafting in and out of challenges for weeks.

Lambert: Forward Benteke "unlikely" to face Crystal Palace
Paul Lambert on Christian Benteke fitness.
21st Dec 2013

0,,10265~12255655,00.jpg

0,,10265~11446918,00.jpg

Paul Lambert says Christian Benteke is "unlikely" to face Crystalicon1.png Palace on Boxing Day.

Benteke sat out the Stoke loss with a knee problem, as well as several other niggles that have plagued him over the past few weeks.

Lambert confirmed that he is looking to give Benteke ample time to recover from his fitnesslb_icon1.pngissues, rather than rush him back and cause further concerns.

In the absence of Benteke though, Lambert did stress his delight at the progress made by Libor Kozak.

The Czech striker joined Villa in the summer transfer window and has already bagged threegoalslb_icon1.png.

On making the Eagles clashlb_icon1.png, he said: "We will see how things go with Christian. But it's unlikely.

"It's his knee giving him a little bit of concern.

"I don't think it's long term. But he's carrying one or two little things that we need to sort out.

"Hopefully it's not too long before he's back.

"It's vital to manage things. You have to look after their welfare.

"You can't keep patching them up and throwing them in if they're not fully fit.

"We just felt Christian needed that bit of time.

"I thought Kozak was excellent, alongside Weimann.

"Kozak got us back into the game. He was great. He scored another goallb_icon1.png. And he led the line well.

"I just thought he was excellent throughout.

"We will have Gabby back too from suspension."

Snap up match tickets for Villa v Crystal Palace.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3587084,00.html

Hmmmmmmm

Hopefully this explains his poor form after his lay off.

Why are we playing him if he's carrying knocks though?

Desperation to gain points?

Kozak was signed exactly so we could cope without Benteke. If Benteke was rushed back then that is inexcusable by Lambert really.

I feel a bit bad now for laying into Benteke as I did.

Â