Christian Benteke

Kwan

According to express and star he is now on 56k per week, not too bad.

I agree.

And you can hardly argue when he's the top performer. It's not like the other players will be thinking "I do more than him but don't get paid enough"

With the other top performers like Westwood and Lowton getting pay rises, this is a clear signal that if you play well, you get paid well.

And with other high earners who don't play much getting shipped out, I can imagine attitudes within the squad are good. yes there's some players getting paid more than others, but it's because, like Benteke, they've earned it.

Brilliant spin on Season Ticket sales + Benteke

Does anyone think Benteke will have an influence on ST sales?

Some people need a 'hook' to make their final decision. Watching Benteke at Villa Park is as good a hook as any.

Lukaku will keep him sharp he knows that lukaku is eager to become the nr1 striker of the national team 

tbh i expect that teams now ill put 2 ppl on benteke which means that weiman/gabby/nicklas will have more free space to strike.

tbh i expect that teams now ill put 2 ppl on benteke which means that weiman/gabby/nicklas will have more free space to strike.

I don't see why they'd do that now, but not last season. He wasn't exactly an unknown quantity after January

I don't see why they'd do that now, but not last season. He wasn't exactly an unknown quantity after January

if that does happen I hope Benteke is not as headless as when that happened to Young

more space for the others then :)

Still, his profile is much higher now than it was even in the last few months of last season.

It was the hat-trick against Sunderland towards then end of the season when the hype really started.

Still, his profile is much higher now than it was even in the last few months of last season.

It was the hat-trick against Sunderland towards then end of the season when the hype really started.

Nah, it was that Liverpool game in December IMO. Other clubs have known all about him for quite a while, yet his best performances have come AFTER they'll all have known what he's about. I think, like Drogba, on his day the guy is unplayable. His day came quite often in the second half of last season, but he still went missing in some games, arguably more than a top level striker should

• Like 1

Lukaku will keep him sharp he knows that lukaku is eager to become the nr1 striker of the national team 

Good, that's two players he can f**k on the floor!  :D

Edited by pacbuddies

if that does happen I hope Benteke is not as headless as when that happened to Young

Was about to mention Young-This is the type of position that defenders usually double up on,not the front man.I thought Young handled it well TBH.Doubling up is usually designed to force the player wide instead of cutting in & not really appropriate for Benteke.I thought Norwich did very well with him with Bassong man marking him & matching his strength.Man marking is the best you can do against Benteke-he is far from a one trick pony.

Was about to mention Young-This is the type of position that defenders usually double up on,not the front man.I thought Young handled it well TBH.Doubling up is usually designed to force the player wide instead of cutting in & not really appropriate for Benteke.I thought Norwich did very well with him with Bassong man marking him & matching his strength.Man marking is the best you can do against Benteke-he is far from a one trick pony.

Let's not give the opposition any clues on how to stop `The Monster` but let them all work it out for themselves instead,because after all guys you just never know whose reading our VT posts these days do we Butterfingers?. ;) Besides Guys, look what happened to Daniel Levy & the cockney cockroaches who tried invading these message boards for clues about Benteke last week & how our show of strength & solidarity really kicked their ass! ;):P:)

Nah, it was that Liverpool game in December IMO. Other clubs have known all about him for quite a while, yet his best performances have come AFTER they'll all have known what he's about. I think, like Drogba, on his day the guy is unplayable. His day came quite often in the second half of last season, but he still went missing in some games, arguably more than a top level striker should

I logged on to VillaTalk and opened up a bunch of threads, the first of which was the Barry Bannan thread (top of the forum at the time). I assumed you guys were talking about Bannan and was grinning happily to myself about how good this forum is at irony when I realised that my browser actually opens tabs in reverse order :(

Still, yeah...Benteke's pretty good an' all that...

Like Drogba he has enough of everything to be classed unplayable, one dimensional players can be stopped more often than not but Tekkers has everything, pace, height, strength and power, a deft touch, good ball control and an eye for the unpredictable, accurate shooting with power and a (so far) decent enough work ethic.

I said it when it looked like we were losing him and I'll say it now he's staying but for me, pound for pound (so far) the best football player I've seen in a Villa shirt and I'm 30 years old (for the record and to give the statement some sort of gravitas).

• Like 3

Â