Christian Benteke

Kwan

I am on holiday in Turkey and the hotel had a Belgian party on the beach. Due to the fact half the resort is from there I took it as a good reason to leave wife and child by the pool and sneak off and get trolled in the middle of the day and celebrate. The only give away when I to back was the Belgian flag painted on my face.

• Like 1

I'm going to be cautious here.

Carroll was a one-season wonder.

We don't yet know for sure, that the same isn't true of Benteke.

I do hope not.

Let go of your caution, allow yourself to believe .

But I can't see a thing with this blast shield down

• Like 1

I am on holiday in Turkey and the hotel had a Belgian party on the beach. Due to the fact half the resort is from there I took it as a good reason to leave wife and child by the pool and sneak off and get trolled in the middle of the day and celebrate. The only give away when I to back was the Belgian flag painted on my face.

never wash your face again. :)

Carroll wasn't a one-season wonder. He's had injuries. When he wasn't injured last season, he was West Ham's best player, playing great. Stop bashing Benteke by proxy by bashing Carroll! Carroll is world class, Benteke is even better than that. Galactic.

Carroll is a half-season wonder - and that half season was almost 3 years ago.

Stop bashing Benteke by proxy by bashing Carroll! Carroll is world class

Stop trolling.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Andy Carroll is just a glorified parks player, a big cumbersome donkey.

Benteke absolutely smashes Carroll in every department.

Power, pace, ball control, dribbling ability, hold up play, left foot, right foot, heading ability & most importantly of all finishing ability.

Benteke is simply awesome & frighteningly, in the best possible sort of way, he can only get even better still. Scary.

The irony is that it is Benteke who is actually worth every penny of the reputed £35M plop paid for Carroll.

Whilst you might be right, Carroll is still a world class player. You only need to look at his goals to know that. The main issue with him is being injured so much.

Carroll world class seriously? The only world class British player is Bale.

Leighton Baines might disagree.

Rooney maybe  clearing in the woods but he is still world class.

Was. Was world class.

He looked it in 2004 but how many world cups and euro cups has he flopped in. A top premiere league player yes but that doesn't make you  a world class player.

Carroll wasn't a one-season wonder. He's had injuries. When he wasn't injured last season, he was West Ham's best player, playing great. Stop bashing Benteke by proxy by bashing Carroll! Carroll is world class, Benteke is even better than that. Galactic.

i am not sure what u mean it looks like u kidding but it also looks like ur really mean it? 

• Like 1

Does being a good club player make you world class. I have always thought being world class is to be exceptionally good either in a world cup or champions league.

So Con, you're saying that every player that has ever scored 1 decent goal gets the tag of 'world class'.

Well, Barnet just released Collins John from his contract after making only 1 appearance after they signed him from Mes Sarcheshma in the Iranian 2nd division. Idiots, I saw him score a nice goal today on Premier League's greatest goal. They obviously don't know a 'world class' player when they see one.

Edited by Pembers
  • Like 1

2:14. That is a world class goal. I'm not the one trolling. 

Come on son. By that standard Lowton, Benteke, Gabby & Weimann are all world class players too.

I do think Carroll has had a decent season at West Ham though. Good for him.

why has this turned in to discussing carroll?

anyway, IMO he's a donkey, over hyped because he's young, english and wore a number 9 shirt at newcastle, think he suffers from injuries both major and niggly ones meaning he never gets a great run of games, he's a cock and the whole liverpool transfer must have knocked his confidence, nowhere near "world class" for a start he plays in a style that isnt used or most of the time outright not accepted elsewhere, he'd have been given a red card in 90% of europe for that "tackle" on de gea

benteke has far more to his game IMO, weaker with his head but better at bringing it down on his chest, better touch, more composed, better finisher

• Like 1

Late to the party guys.

Full credit to the chaps at AVFC; they've played an absolute blinder so far in this window. ALL important players have all signed extensions and we've got in some good players.

As for Benteke, I'm glad he's still here and I'll leave it at that for now.

benteke has far more to his game IMO, weaker with his head but better at bringing it down on his chest, better touch, more composed, better finisher

I said Benteke was better. Seems to me people are bashing Carroll to take a swipe at Benteke through the lumbering clumsy forward stereotype.

Â