Christian Benteke

Kwan

I know who I'd rather have in our team at the moment, and its not the long haired Geordie.

Carroll misses too many games and is living off the back of one good season.

We could be saying the same about Benteke this time next year, but in my opinion he offers much more than Carroll who is an old fashioned centre forward who's good in the air, has a decent shot on him and not a lot else

Edited by benireduk

benteke has far more to his game IMO, weaker with his head but better at bringing it down on his chest, better touch, more composed, better finisher

I said Benteke was better. Seems to me people are bashing Carroll to take a swipe at Benteke through the lumbering clumsy forward stereotype.

Seriously, what the hell are you on about? If we're talking about footballing ability then I don't think one single person on here would bash Benteke for that because quite frankly he's an amazing footballer. How you equate bashing Carroll to taking a swipe at Benteke is quite frankly ludicrous. Carroll is the stereotypical big lumbering forward. Benteke isn't.

I actually think it's insulting to Benteke to imply that Carroll is even half as good as him.

• Like 2

I dont think we'll be as reliant on Benteke this season. I think he'll score 14.

This is what I'm thinking-It would help keep the spotlight off him as well meaning a chance of holding on to  him again in 12 months time.

I reckon we should take the pens off him as well just to keep his goal tally down :ph34r:

• Like 1

benteke has far more to his game IMO, weaker with his head but better at bringing it down on his chest, better touch, more composed, better finisher

I said Benteke was better. Seems to me people are bashing Carroll to take a swipe at Benteke through the lumbering clumsy forward stereotype.

I've been a member of these forums for something like 10 years and this is one of the oddest posts I've ever read. If you could quantify it that would be great, cheers.

• Like 1

Andy Carroll is kevin Davies with crap hair.

Its no wonder England are so lagging in world/European football when andy Carroll Is labelled world class. A footballer playing for a manager famed for his long ball all elbows football.

benteke isn't world class. He has a lot to improve on to be so.

Andy Carroll however will only ever Be a hoof ball receiver who occasionally scores with his left foot, From a corner, That he won, By challenging for a long ball.

Edited by Jimzk5

Have to say Belgian guy it is fabulous to have you on here supporting villa and benteke again and not for you to be torn!

i am happy to be here mate  :cheers:  :flag:

As I told you about 12 months ago mate, you are one of us now no turning back. :)

• Like 1

Once our attacking midfielder turns up we are going to be an absolutely frightening proposition next season. Keeping Benteke, who is the focal point of our team was crucial to our development. I honestly believe we will be one of the most entertaining teams in the Premier league next season. I can see us beating & losing to teams in some really crazy high scoring games. With our speed on the break, Benteke, Weimann & Agbonlahor could have a field day in some games next year.

Also, when you have a fearless manager like Paul Lambert literally playing to win every game it really, really is a mouth watering prospect to be following our great club next season.

Now that the Monster is signed & sealed I really can't wait for the action to unfold.

" Goal! Christian Benteke, Goal! Christian Benteke " ( That's how I sing it)

Has a nice ring to it doesn't it? :)

• Like 1

I've given this second season syndrome stuff some more thought.

You would think that teams would had began to formulate plans to foil Benteke by the end of last season. Ironically, that's when he was playing his best and scoring most regularly. This gives me hope that he can keep that up next season. 

In many ways we need a 2nd season syndrome. If he tears it up he will be off no question but maybe 12 - 15 goals will just have enough doubt to keep the big boys wondering. Of course if he doesn't repeat then we need goals from everywhere.... I don't know what I am saying! Just win Villa and then lets see what happens...

None of this 2nd season talk. We need Benteke to be the beast he was last season, regardless if other teams come knocking. I really think we have a good team in the making and I'd like to see how well we can do with everyone playing at what they are capable of.

Seem to be a lot of opposition fans saying stuff like

"Watch Benteke play crap now that he has an improved contract?"

Do people like this actually watch football? It's not like Benteke only played well for the last few games. He's been good all season, including when he just signed and so was already on the back of a pay rise

• Like 1

I can understand why opposition fans looking in from the outside might say something like that, I mean there a fair few players out there like that *cough* N'Zogbia *cough*.

As I said before his dramatic turnaround I honestly don't ever think this was about money with Benteke just as it never was when he joined us from Genk.

In Benteke I think we have a young lad who simply wants to play at the highest level he can and achieve as much as he can in the game, money isn't his motivation. So I don't think the new deal will make the slightest bit of difference to the guy, he will go out trying to improve and to perform just as he did last season and the money he gets in return won't make the slightest difference.

I still think Benteke will outgrow us, he will go on to bigger and better things. I just hope he has such a good season this season that if he does move on and I suspect he probably will, that it is for a much bigger club than Spurs.

• Like 1

Â