Christian Benteke

Kwan

If we don't get a suitable off from a (or 'the') team that Benteke wants, I wonder whether he will sign a new contract to add an extra year to his current deal?

If not, he's going to stay on his current £20k p/w wages.

Either way, we're in a win/win/win situation !

You can't honestly really wonder whether he'd do that. Give Villa an even stronger hand in all of this after handing in a transfer request, just for the short-term benefit of a few extra quid. I agree this is all win-win for Villa but I think he has made it clear that the current contract is the only one he'll be signing at Villa.

BOF...

Ayy.. Ayyy...

*nudge nudge*

:D

• Like 1

Well done to all of the Villa staff who convinced CB to sign an extension - even Faulkner can't be abused for the way Villa have conducted their business this season so far.

Maybe PF is finally growing into his role??

Really chuffed the big man is staying (for this season at least anyway!!!!)

Oh and commiserations to Eden Hazard, Romalu Lukaku, Joey55, GlastonSpud et al.... ;)

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

Oh, Glaston....:lol:

I see. So in the circumstances you describe, not only will Villa pass up on getting £19m (let's say), you'll also voluntarily deprive yourselves of your best player. In other words, in your scenario you end up with no incoming money and no player either.

On a scale of 1 - 100, I'd give that possible outcome a zero .... which is one reason amongst several why all of the bargaining chips are NOT in Villa's hand, despite the many assertions on here to the contrary.

Well, OK. But the best of bad situation is hardly the same as being in a "fantastic position". The latter would be where Benteke had signed a new contract and declared great enthusiasm for the coming season at Villa.

As it stands, it's unlikely that such an unhappy player is going to perform as well as last season and, even worse, could well cause serious ructions and spread demoralisation across your squad. Your club decision makers will have to decide whether the risks involved are worth turning down a transfer profit of £11m (my guess), being able to reinvest £19m in the squad and move on with a united set of players.

Having your best player handing in a transfer request is a "fantastic position"? You should read 1984 by George Orwell: "War is Peace". "Ignorance is Strength" etc.

• Like 2

Christian Benteke said: "I spoke with the Manager when I returned to training and we had a good talk. I am very happy to be back here in Birmingham and at Aston Villa, and to sign a new contract. This is a great Club and it has given me a lot. Now I have to give back to my teammates and the fans who have always been right behind me. The end of last season was very good and the lads were very strong. It was not easy but we came through it and the confidence is high. So everyone knows what we have to do now - be better. I need to be better than last year."

• Like 1

Wow... I mean... WOW

To everyone who has had to read my slating comments towards him, I apologise
To Christian himself... I apologise...

Maybe being a Villa fan all these years and seeing everything good come towards us snatched away has gotten to me, but I never expected this...

Apparently, something/someone somewhere is looking down on us and has finally said... 'You know that lot... They deserve a touch of good fortune'

UTV... (and a massive amounts of apologies to Tekkers)

• Like 1

Â