Christian Benteke

Kwan

Here's the question though:

If nobody meets our valuation and in turn Lambert says Benteke must stay, do we feel he has now destroyed his relationship with the fans? Would the fans actually want him to stay now?

football fans are fickle though. If he scored a hat-trick in his 1st game back the fans would love him.

Remember when Barry wanted to leave he was never booed at VP from what I remember

pat murphy seems to be one of many journos smashing him this morning -

Amid all the enjoyable talk about tradition & history re the Ashes,Benteke pops up to remind us what modern sport is mainly about. Money

So will Benteke's last act in a Villa shirt prove to be that stupid red card v Chelsea that cost @ AVFCOfficial the game?

seen a lot of people comment on lions / wimbledon / ashes / great weekend for British sport etc and then Benteke's greed showing football for what it is

Barry acted a dick going to the NOTW but at least he put in 10 seasons with us..Benteke been here under a year he will never  be forgiven for this as we know even if he stays this summer it will be the same shit next year..or even January

If we sell Bent and Benteke were -20M in our budget. Even if we spend all of it our net spend will be close to zero. Surely we would have had 20 million on top like last season?

Theoretically we should have 40 million to spend on two strikers a CAM.. a back up RB and possibly a centre back.

Randy will probably just pocket it.

There we have it.

Selling a player for 20 mill does not just mean we can sign someone else for 20 mill.

It really does not work like that and anyone that says otherwise has the usual Lerner agenda.

If nobody meets our valuation and in turn Lambert says Benteke must stay, do we feel he has now destroyed his relationship with the fans? Would the fans actually want him to stay now?

Not with me. I dont blame him whatsoever. Although my fear that he will not be 100% committed still stands.

Just hope we dont hang around for silly money that just doesnt come. 25m - get the job done

I agree in a footballing sense, as in I would like to keep him as a player. Knowing he isn't committed to us puts me off though, if he doesn't want to play for us then what is the point in trying to keep him.

He's done with Villans now, we have never been slow in making our feelings known to those who don't  want to be (or shouldn't be) at VP. The only sort of exception I can recall was Barry but to be fair to him he had been at VP for 10yrs although in his last season with us I could bring myself to give a toss about him and was pleased when he left.

I truly hope for his and our sake that a club is mug enough to pay 30+m for him otherwise it could all turn nasty.

LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN! I want to be the first to have broke this when it happens Christian Benteke will leave Aston Villa for Fenerbache or Galatasary I am ITK about this one just watch I can put my self in the line here he's going to Turkey

Where have you heard that?

The club are playing it right in the circumstances - I like the message they have put out.

To all parties they have said, "We don't want or need to sell this player."

To Benteke they have said, "If it's not right for us, both in terms of fee and timescale, you're going nowhere".

To is agent and any potential suitors they have said, "You have 10 days to come up with an offer that will persuade us to sell an extremely valuable asset and close the deal, or we close the book and he goes nowhere. You are not going to be **** up our pre-season by dicking us around "

As for Benteke himself, I think he is a Grade A word removed and I absolutely do not wish him well in the future should he go. Next year, I would have had no problem but after one season? Total sack of shit. If he gets a strop on toss him in the reserves and see if he re-acquires the humility PL said he had.

I hope if he goes things turn out so badly he is driving a cab for Stefan Moore in 18 months, looking back on how playing for AVFC was the pinnacle of his career.

I hope someone who hasnt been linked with him but has the dough take him. A Monaco or Zenit, someone who can match his wage demands and pay us an inflated price but i think he'll be lining up against us next season.

As for Lukaku didnt he say he would only want to go back to the Boggies if he's loaned out? He has more loyalty than his opposite number couldnt see him here

No Lukaku said he would only go on loan to a team in European competition.. Also said that Benteke should leave us

If we sell Bent and Benteke were -20M in our budget. Even if we spend all of it our net spend will be close to zero. Surely we would have had 20 million on top like last season?

Theoretically we should have 40 million to spend on two strikers a CAM.. a back up RB and possibly a centre back.

Randy will probably just pocket it.

There we have it.

Selling a player for 20 mill does not just mean we can sign someone else for 20 mill.

It really does not work like that and anyone that says otherwise has the usual Lerner agenda.

But we can, if they're on the same wage as Benteke. We aren't going to sign somebody for £20m though, that would be completely out of what Lambert is trying to do.

Selling Benteke for £25m and Bent for £5m would give us £30m from the transfer fees and would free up £10.4m from wages based on Benteke being on £20k a week for the next 3 years, and Bent being on £70k a week for the next 2 years.

So that would be £40.4m, to cover the fees and wages/contracts, of whatever players Lambert wants to bring in (if we assume he gets given all of the money).

Edited by samjp26

Ask the baggies fans what they think of Odemwingie

Similar situation not as bad i suppose its not like he was outside White Hart Lane trying to force his way in before we even give him permission to talk to them

LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN! I want to be the first to have broke this when it happens Christian Benteke will leave Aston Villa for Fenerbache or Galatasary I am ITK about this one just watch I can put my self in the line here he's going to Turkey

Explain why you think he will go there. Everything points to a move to an English club.

Re; sale by date as mentioned a few times in this thread, I have read Villa's press release and no-where do I see it state that it has to be done by the 18/7/13. It does say he is back training on that date but not that a deal has to be done by then.

From our POV I wish they would state a minimum fee (for bidding to start) and a cut off date so we all know. After all the cats out of the bag now and there is no way his godshite agent will keep the figures from all interested clubs while adding a bit more for himself so it would be nice if for once the fans were told.

Edited by SeanO

Most journos think it's Spurs he wants

The Spud journalists want him to go to Spurs. Why would he go to a Europa team?

Sickened by a four-year contract being honoured for one year. What if Helenius has a stormer next season, will he be considering his options?

I hope Belgium don't qualify for the WC (sorry Belgian guy).  :D

Not childish at all. Its true. Everybody gets so disappointed because you spend months convincing yourselves these players care. They don't. If people are honest with themselves regarding the level of Aston Villa then it wont feel like the players are ex girlfriends who have dumped you when they leave for bigger and better things.

Ah, the classic 'be a grumpy arse that no-one wants to talk to all year round, then you'll be less disappointed when the good players leave' method.

Nahh, I'll stick to optimism.

So! Who has Lambert got his eye on now?! Excitinngggg

• Like 2

I just hope that our asking price is very high. We should stop being so nice and stamp our foot down for once. Rooney has handed a transfer request in multiple times at United and he's still there. They've come out and said he's not for sale and will be staying. Why can't we do that? 

I just hope that our asking price is very high. We should stop being so nice and stamp our foot down for once. Rooney has handed a transfer request in multiple times at United and he's still there. They've come out and said he's not for sale and will be staying. Why can't we do that?

Yeah we really had a pants pulled down over Young and Downing!

• Like 1

Â