Christian Benteke

Kwan

No surprise! The opinion that he didn't want to go was purely head in the sand, fingers in the ears stuff. It was obvious that he didn't want to stay. The excuses trotted out for him for not commiting his future to our club were laughable.

I'd like him to do one ASAP now please. We need a replacement.

P.S he's a word removed.

If it is Chelsea that want him, this would be my terms if I was Lambert, Faulkner and Lerner:

£20m plus Lukaku on loan for the whole of next season, with Chelsea paying at least 50% of his salary and a clause that says we can sign him at the end of the season for a max of £10m if we want to.

I just hope that Lerner gives the bulk, if not all, of the money to Lambert to re-invest in the team.

Only concern for me is the impact Benteke had on our team. His goals and assists aside, we would most likely have gone down last season. Yes we have new players but they are all practically unknown and could be anything. We're not guaranteed them being good enough and another season of struggle could ensue, which of course could happen with or without Benteke. I just thought that we were guaranteed goals from this guy and we cannot guarantee that Helenius or any other striker we may purchase is going to give us the attacking threat that Benteke has.

I really hope that the right deal is struck and we don't have to regret him leaving. It would be hilarious though if we did a deal with Chelsea and Benteke ended up not scoring as many as Lukaku :)

Lerner and Faulkner would have to have powers of hypnosis to get that deal.

If it is Chelsea that want him, this would be my terms if I was Lambert, Faulkner and Lerner:

£20m plus Lukaku on loan for the whole of next season, with Chelsea paying at least 50% of his salary and a clause that says we can sign him at the end of the season for a max of £10m if we want to.

Completely agree. I think this is the only way I would be happy to see CB leave. Is CB that much better than RL though? I would say we would be getting the better deal here?

I think its a couple of things 1: his agent is clearly a clearing in the woods and 2: he is actually believing his own hype lets not forget the amount of games where he was quite frankly a passenger in . I'm gutted he wants to leave don't get me wrong but like many have said one man does NOT make a team . Get decent money for him and bring 3/4 new players in .

Its the job of his agent to maximise his salary and get him at a club where he is likley to win things. To me the finger points at  Randy Lerner as to why Aston Villa isn't such a club - and looks further away than ever from being so.

We aren't such a club because we don't play Champions League football, or compete at the top of the table to qualify. We could have offered him the wages of Gvien, Bent and Ireland combined and he would still be looking for a bigger club playing at the highest level. Either now or next year. Lerner has hired te right manager for us to try and change that situation, but you don't do it overnight. Even when he was throwing cash at MON we didn't suddenly turn into a top 4 side, we got close but it took a few years.

Agreed - but equally we shouldn't be limited to the £2m scraps that we currently seem to be.  I always expected CB to move on - I really don't see lambert get much than the 25% of the fee to spend on players.

Hairyhands (who broke the story on here) reckon CB told the club as soon as the season ended he wasn't staying, so some of the CB cash could have already been invested. - I would be surprised now if we invest more than £6m in a striker before the season starts   ................(All IMO of course)

Yeah I think Helenius looks more and more like a Benteke replacement in the light of this. 

Young talented players with potential to have a great career aren't scraps. Scraps is a 31 old who had some glory days a few years back but has lost his bottle and his pace and is looking for one last contract.

£20m plus Lukaku on loan for the whole of next season, with Chelsea paying at least 50% of his salary and a clause that says we can sign him at the end of the season for a max of £10m if we want to.

Completely agree. I think this is the only way I would be happy to see CB leave. Is CB that much better than RL though? I would say we would be getting the better deal here?

He plays more like Drogba did than Lukaku does, which could be something Jose wants. Chelsea would never sell Lukaku for £10m or similar though, they spent nearly £30m buying him a few years ago. Another reason why I believe Chelsea would have no problem slapping £30m on the table for Benteke if they wanted him.

I hope someone who hasnt been linked with him but has the dough take him. A Monaco or Zenit, someone who can match his wage demands and pay us an inflated price but i think he'll be lining up against us next season.

As for Lukaku didnt he say he would only want to go back to the Boggies if he's loaned out? He has more loyalty than his opposite number couldnt see him here

So do we think that the time period we have set for his agent to find an acceptable bid is til July 18th? 

I hope it is. If a team really want him they will pay what we want for him now. If no one has come in for him by the time he comes back to training we should just put a "not for sale" sign around his neck. 

Seriously, this is what's killing football for me. Goodbye Benteke. Can't really say I wish you succeed wherever you end up. I honestly don't care either way. 

"For clarity's sake, however, he had already been given extra time off until July 18 and was reminded that there are three years remaining on his contract.

"We consider him to be a Villa player and expect that he will be with us for the 2013-14 season.

"Having received his transfer request, we have also informed him that should we receive an offer within an appropriate timeframe during pre-season which meets our valuation we would act upon it. But he will remain a Villa player should this not happen."

Enough said really. We hold all the cards. I'm not sweating this at all.

Well this makes things interesting. He did the same at Genk so I guess we shouldn't be surprised when he wants out of Villa park.

Chelsea have Lukaku who they rate very highly, I don't know if they would want both. Spurs would be interested but I am sure Levy will **** around all window with pathetic offers. Liverpool may look to take him if Suarez goes but then Rogers doesn't seem to play with a target man. Man City probably want a new striker but haven't shown any interest so far.

We will just have to wait and see how this one develops.

None of this Lukaku on loan nonsense. I'd say swap plus cash otherwise we'll sell CB to another club.

Why is Benteke worth more than Lukaku? He scored similar amounts of goals for WBA last season, is younger and has played more International games for Belgium. He has also made it to a bigger club before Benteke did, although he hasn't been part of the first-team yet. I would say they are very similar and worth just about the same. If Lukaku played for us last season then he would have made a very similar impact as Benteke. Benteke is our player and thus we big him up more, but I guess fans of WBA would have said exactly the same about Lukaku last season. 

Benteke to Chelsea, for me, is just highly unlikely. They have that kind of player already and they seriously don't need him. My impression is that Chelsea will go for a much bigger name and much more proven striker, like Cavani or Suarez. It's not like the extra 10m will put off Abramovich the slightest.

Wasn't it Lukaku who apparently advised Benteke to leave us so why would anyone think that Lukaku would actually want to come here especially after the season he's just had.

So Benteke has made a fool of me yet again. I only posted a day or so ago that we wouldn't let two of the best goal scorers this club has seen in many a year leave at the same time and i thought that if Bent was going there would be no way in hell that Benteke would go too.

That unfortunately now seems the reality and it will be a devastating blow to the club losing that quality although several players in the past have submitted transfer requests only to retract them again. However in Benteke's case ever since his comments about Arsenal i have felt for some time that there was the distinct possibility that we had another Anelka on our hands and that seemingly has now come true.

• Like 1

He plays more like Drogba did than Lukaku does, which could be something Jose wants. Chelsea would never sell Lukaku for £10m or similar though, they spent nearly £30m buying him a few years ago. Another reason why I believe Chelsea would have no problem slapping £30m on the table for Benteke if they wanted him.

Chelsea paid £10m upfront rising to £17m with clauses etc. 

IMO Lukaku would be a great stop gap for us, instant replacement almost.  that would give a whole season to let Helenius mature and or seek out a long term replacement.

Â