Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Lowton has a job on his hands getting back into the side.

True.

I actually see Baccy as a great RB. He's a good athlete, great pace, and committed in the tackle. He's also decent when pressing forward. I'd like to think we can accomodate both Waccy Baccy and Lowton in the same side.

I'd like to see Lowton get a run in central midfield, as I think he has good skills and awareness.

Lowton centre mid? Have you been on the wacky baccy?

I don't think he has the skill range or passing ability for that role

A patronising put-down doesn't make your point any more valid.

Lowton's weakness is his defending. He has the ball skills, quick mind and passing ability to make CM worth a try at least I'd say.

A patronising put-down doesn't make your point any more valid.

Lowton's weakness is his defending. He has the ball skills, quick mind and passing ability to make CM worth a try at least I'd say.

We wont know unless he's tried there but its not going to happen.

We wont know unless he's tried there but its not going to happen.

I think that's probably the long and the short of it. We don't even have enough spots available for the bona fide centre mids without trying out the fullbacks there too.

I don't want to rain on his parade, but this guy is the luckiest footballer i have seen. He did two good things the set up and he goal, but his overall play was very poor, and lowton is a much better right back and right wing back.. Don't get me wrong, he scored and he set one up, but he made so many positional mistakes i don't see how anyone can say he's a decent right back.

Someone gets it.

I don't know how many live games or full matches people have seen on here but I'm finding this love fest a little odd. He took a great free kick I'll grant you and that has bought him a fair bit of time, but that first half was a nightmare. I don't know how he remained on the pitch after half time.

Man City targeted him and they tore him a new one. Not only that but he proved incapable of playing football to get out of trouble.

If he can score like that every game then he can keep his place but i seriously doubt it.

I hope he proves me wrong and I await the abuse.

• Like 1

I don't want to rain on his parade, but this guy is the luckiest footballer i have seen. He did two good things the set up and he goal, but his overall play was very poor, and lowton is a much better right back and right wing back.. Don't get me wrong, he scored and he set one up, but he made so many positional mistakes i don't see how anyone can say he's a decent right back.

Someone gets it.

I don't know how many live games or full matches people have seen on here but I'm finding this love fest a little odd. He took a great free kick I'll grant you and that has bought him a fair bit of time, but that first half was a nightmare. I don't know how he remained on the pitch after half time.

Man City targeted him and they tore him a new one. Not only that but he proved incapable of playing football to get out of trouble.

If he can score like that every game then he can keep his place but i seriously doubt it.

Absolute nonsense about people watching the game, I'll tell you why he was getting overrun, because the Man City left side that tore Man United to shreds with Kolorov being like a second winger, KEA was sometimes dropping too much into midfield and was not supporting him, so he was getting doubled up. Whereas on the otherside Sylla was cutting out Zabaleta. So Luna who looked weak the previous week actually looked stronger because he had support from Sylla, to cut out the threat from Zabaleta. The first half generally the whole side were poor, because it was so concentrated on keeping City out.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Fullbacks will almost always look weak when they don't get support from midfielders or wingers, that is one aspect Lambert should improve in our game.

Well Sylla did support Luna in the whole game, just at times KEA struggled to get out quick to enough to help Bacuna.

Bacuna at times had 2 or 3 city players on his side. Not fair to blame him for that. There were times the crowd got on his back because he kept getting overrun and I was stewing in my seat because he was getting stick for essentially getting double and triple teamed.

• Like 1

Bacuna at times had 2 or 3 city players on his side. Not fair to blame him for that. There were times the crowd got on his back because he kept getting overrun and I was stewing in my seat because he was getting stick for essentially getting double and triple teamed.

Your not the only one who seen it, compare it to the other side, Sylla was cutting out Zabaleta so Luna rarely was double-teamed, but the Kolorov and Nasri sometimes had a clear run at Bacuna. I don't think Bacuna is a natural at RB but he's better defensively than Lowton. He will have another test this weekend as he'll be up against Brady.

I'm a tiny bit concerned that he wasn't particularly chuffed being played all over the place all the time at Groningen and some of their fans were saying that's why they don't believe they ever saw his full potential. Maybe we should consider bedding him into one, permanent position?

I'm a tiny bit concerned that he wasn't particularly chuffed being played all over the place all the time at Groningen and some of their fans were saying that's why they don't believe they ever saw his full potential. Maybe we should consider bedding him into one, permanent position?

Perhaps we are

Someone gets it.

Absolute nonsense about people watching the game, I'll tell you why he was getting overrun, because the Man City left side that tore Man United to shreds with Kolorov being like a second winger, KEA was sometimes dropping too much into midfield and was not supporting him, so he was getting doubled up. Whereas on the otherside Sylla was cutting out Zabaleta. So Luna who looked weak the previous week actually looked stronger because he had support from Sylla, to cut out the threat from Zabaleta. The first half generally the whole side were poor, because it was so concentrated on keeping City out.

I agree with the last bit. The rest, we'll see - if he continues at RB expect to see a lot more 'targeting' IMO.

Apparently he wasn't happy playing right back and wanted to be involved in the centre at his last club.

Perhaps he is happy to play anywhere for us though as it is a big step up in quality to play in the prem? It looked like he was pleased just to be given the opportunity by Lambert.

• Like 1

That's my take on it too LondonLax. Ideally he wants to be a central midfielder. I was under the impression we had bought him as a centre mid and maybe we did. But he'll probably willingly play anywhere just to be involved in the first team of a Premier League club.