Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

The lad deserves massive credit for how he has bounced back from his debut.

New league, country, club and colleagues isn't easy anyway, but to then have a horrendous debut, have your position changes and then come back the way he has is a massive testament to his character and commitment. He must be training very hard.

Good on him and I'm excited about his future.

• Like 1

Personally I think he's wasted as a RB , I'd like to see him higher up the pitch to be quite honest.

I disagree. I think even during pre-season he looked his best at RB and was pretty underwhelming when played elsewhere. If anything I think Lowton has the better footballing ability to play further forward.

Judging players during pre-season, my god.

Not really a complete judgement. More a disagreement with the idea that he is 'wasted' at RB.

• 4 weeks later...

Bacuna and Lowton on the right together is a must now in my opinion, whether it be 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. Let them build up an understanding and watch them go.

Great run from Bacuna to win the freekick in the first place, I was glad he kept positive throughout the game and then another beautiful freekick. GIF anybody?

BYpO0EFIgAAmUkO.jpg

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Not just his freekick today by the way, his overall performance defending and getting forward when he finally could was solid, very consistent in his performances.

Great to know he stays after training on Friday's on his own to practice his set pieces too.

• Like 1

Not just his freekick today by the way, his overall performance defending and getting forward when he finally could was solid, very consistent in his performances.

Great to know he stays after training on Friday's on his own to practice his set pieces too.

Yep totally agree. He has generally been very good since he came in at right back for that game against Norwich. 

10761499275_ce40c29e2b_o.gif

A good 35-yards out? 

If Ronaldo had scored that we'd be hearing about it for weeks.

Was going to say that, or Rooney/Mata/Hazard/RVP/Suarez/Gerrard etc.

It changes velocity after it bends over the wall, as much as the keeper looks like a clown you can tell it was at some speed from the way the ball rolled out of the net.

Edited by samjp26

He played well, it was his excellent run that caused the foul that lead to his freekick. I still think right back is his best position but he does have quite a lot to offer.

Excellent freekick taker.

Agree that right back is his best position for us more than for him though as he is a much better defender than Lowton.  Hopefully when we have someone better to play right back then Bacuna can push up and play in a more forward position.