Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Park Ji Sung

Classic centremid.

How was the point meant to be taken then, Sir BOF?

Just read back and take my post the way you didn't take it first time around.

Last Summer I was worried about Westwood and Lowton because of the leagues they were coming from being lower than our own. Clearly they stepped up to the mark though, so now I am a lot less worried about the signings Lambert makes from other leagues as I trust his judgement.

I see that maybe he would need to adjust to the physical aspects of the game in our league but taking his age into consideration I think it is probable he will be able to.

Either way, as it stands we have no idea where Lambert wants to play him!

I think the talk of him being average is one that some could have layed at the feet of alot of our squad last season. Once Lambert gets hold of him I think we'll see this kid come on leaps and bounds. An example of Lambert, Kara and Culverhouses' coaching can be sen in just how much Fabian Delph has come on. He was consistently one of our best players from March onwards.

You could also argue though that Delph's improvement was due to being injury free?

If he plays CM he will be amazing . I can not think of a single Dutch player who has not been a great CM in the Premier League .

Nabil Abidallah

Kemy Agustien

Vurnon Anita

George Boateng

Paul Bosvelt

Jordi Cryuff

Daniel de Ridder

Karim El Ahmadi

Alfons Groenendijk

Wim Jonk

Denny Landzaat

Martin Reuser

Richard Sneekes

Orlando Trustfull

Robin van der Laan

Richard Witschge

All footballing luminaries...

I can see a starting team in August that includes...

Weimann (right wing)

Agbonlahor (left wing)

Benteke (centre forward)

Westwood, Delph and Bacuna (central midfield)

I think Tonev will be with Albrighton and N'Zogbia as competition for the wide berths. Weimann may have more of central role behind Benteke, with one of those 3 playing wide, if Lambert wants to be super attacking in a game for whatever reason.

What stage of his development is Bacuna at and how would you describe his playing style?

Bacuna is basically a piece of raw talent. He is right-footed, very strong, with a high workrate, energetic and quite pacy.

He has the ability to play a full game with intensity and he comes across very eager. His passing is good, but not outstanding. 

Sounds like a Dutch Holman

I just say a feeling I have, could be completely wrong. We need more goals from mimidfield and I think Bacuna could provide a couple to tempt lambert to pick him.

I definitely felt Delph had a big impact from February onwards. I still think Sylla looked raw although he did basically well in the role ge was given.

Hi all! Another Dutch player!? The last signings didn't worked that well, I am suprised!

Lot of guff in there.  A fair bit of it split between Sheffield Wednesday and, erm, ourselves. :lol:

First off, I really wanted to quote this one, even though it has nothing to do with Bacuna :P

Ah I misunderstood guff lol. Just wanted to say, who are all these players!? hehe

If he plays CM he will be amazing . I can not think of a single Dutch player who has not been a great CM in the Premier League .

Nabil Abidallah

Kemy Agustien

Vurnon Anita
George Boateng
Paul Bosvelt
Jordi Cryuff

Daniel de Ridder

Karim El Ahmadi
Alfons Groenendijk

Wim Jonk

Denny Landzaat

Martin Reuser

Richard Sneekes

Orlando Trustfull

Robin van der Laan

Richard Witschge

Argh another list of unknown players! Robin van der Laan!? Google says ... played 86 games in Holland at two very small clubs and over 300 games in England! (at very small clubs as well) Reuser failed in Holland as well, also counts for Augustien, De Ridder and Sneekes (didn't he play American Football!?). Most of the others weren't exactly giants here as well :P

If you want good players which you know for sure they will make it, (least risk possible) don't look at smaller leagues. A big group of them didn't even succeed in smaller leagues hehe. I'm afraid Bacuna is one of them, so most importantly..

Leandro Bacuna!

What a suprise move. I was stunned when I read this news. He is seen as a fairly poor player. Big ego, very wild player, overly agressive. Therefor bit of a card collector. (always wanted to say this in English :P simply means he gets alot of cards)

I can’t see him succeed at Villa. His ball handling isn’t so poor, he just rushes things very much. His free kicks and penalties are his best qualities I guess. Also high energy, but as player not comparable with Holman. Groningen is a decent team, but not spectaculair at all. 1 million euro is serious business for them. For any Dutch team (excluding the bigger ones like Ajax, Twente, Vitesse, PSV) in fact.

If you want good midfielders from the Dutch league, go for:

Van Ginkel (Vitesse)

Siem de Jong and Eriksen (Ajax) Perhaps Enoh as well? Still think he's at least as good as Tioté. Loaned out at Fulham, shouldn't cost as much as De Jong or Eriksen. In fact should be pretty cheap..

Strootman (PSV) or Toivonen if you need more attacking midfielders. I personally think Hutchinson could make it as well, more risky though.

Fer (FC Twente)

From ‘smaller’ teams like Groningen. Cheaper but more risky:

Toornstra (FC Utrecht) Kali is free agent, I would picked him as well over Bacuna

Duarte (Heracles)

Hupperts (Roda JC)

I understand Aston Villa isn’t a rich team anymore? All these transfers  are pretty ‘unknown’ players. It’s abit like you are playing in the Dutch league! Risky but cheap transfers and hoping one of them is a gem hehe. Welcome to our world ;)

But you guys really need a better scout for Belgium, (lots of talented players there!) Netherlands and maybe other countries as well. Bacuna needs a miracle to succeed. And I know my predictions have been shit about El Ahmadi and Bradley. Altough I said El Ahmadi is abit of a wuss :P

I was right about Holman and Vlaar ( pretty decent but not that good?) though hehe..

I would love to see Helenius at Ajax! Heard so many good things about him. I don’t know him as player, just he is very populair prospect for many Dutch teams. I think he will be that ‘gem’ next season at Aston Villa.

Edited by Ajax-fan

Hi all! Another Dutch player!? The last signings didn't worked that well, I am suprised!

Lot of guff in there.  A fair bit of it split between Sheffield Wednesday and, erm, ourselves. :lol:

First off, I really wanted to quote this one, even though it has nothing to do with Bacuna :P

Ah I misunderstood guff lol. Just wanted to say, who are all these players!? hehe

Nabil Abidallah

Kemy Agustien

Vurnon Anita

George Boateng

Paul Bosvelt

Jordi Cryuff

Daniel de Ridder

Karim El Ahmadi

Alfons Groenendijk

Wim Jonk

Denny Landzaat

Martin Reuser

Richard Sneekes

Orlando Trustfull

Robin van der Laan

Richard Witschge

Argh another list of unknown players! Robin van der Laan!? Google says ... played 86 games in Holland at two very small clubs and over 300 games in England! (at very small clubs as well) Reuser failed in Holland as well, also counts for Augustien, De Ridder and Sneekes (didn't he play American Football!?). Most of the others weren't exactly giants here as well :P

If you want good players which you know for sure they will make it, (least risk possible) don't look at smaller leagues. A big group of them didn't even succeed in smaller leagues hehe. I'm afraid Bacuna is one of them, so most importantly..

The original poster said he couldn't think of a single dutch midfielder who wasn't great in the premiership, so i provided a list of them. There was no mention of smaller players, bigger players or anything like that