Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Hi all! Another Dutch player!? The last signings didn't worked that well, I am suprised! 

Lot of guff in there.  A fair bit of it split between Sheffield Wednesday and, erm, ourselves. :lol:

First off, I really wanted to quote this one, even though it has nothing to do with Bacuna :PAh I misunderstood guff lol. Just wanted to say, who are all these players!? hehe    

If he plays CM he will be amazing . I can not think of a single Dutch player who has not been a great CM in the Premier League .

Nabil AbidallahKemy AgustienVurnon AnitaGeorge BoatengPaul BosveltJordi CryuffDaniel de RidderKarim El AhmadiAlfons GroenendijkWim JonkDenny LandzaatMartin ReuserRichard SneekesOrlando TrustfullRobin van der LaanRichard Witschge All footballing luminaries...

Argh another list of unknown players! Robin van der Laan!? Google says ... played 86 games in Holland at two very small clubs and over 300 games in England! (at very small clubs as well) Reuser failed in Holland as well, also counts for Augustien, De Ridder and Sneekes (didn't he play American Football!?). Most of the others weren't exactly giants here as well :P If you want good players which you know for sure they will make it, (least risk possible) don't look at smaller leagues. A big group of them didn't even succeed in smaller leagues hehe. I'm afraid Bacuna is one of them, so most importantly..

The original poster said he couldn't think of a single dutch midfielder who wasn't great in the premiership, so i provided a list of them. There was no mention of smaller players, bigger players or anything like that

I was taking the piss.

Hi all! Another Dutch player!? The last signings didn't worked that well, I am suprised! 

Lot of guff in there.  A fair bit of it split between Sheffield Wednesday and, erm, ourselves. :lol:

First off, I really wanted to quote this one, even though it has nothing to do with Bacuna :PAh I misunderstood guff lol. Just wanted to say, who are all these players!? hehe    

If he plays CM he will be amazing . I can not think of a single Dutch player who has not been a great CM in the Premier League .

Nabil AbidallahKemy AgustienVurnon AnitaGeorge BoatengPaul BosveltJordi CryuffDaniel de RidderKarim El AhmadiAlfons GroenendijkWim JonkDenny LandzaatMartin ReuserRichard SneekesOrlando TrustfullRobin van der LaanRichard Witschge All footballing luminaries...
Argh another list of unknown players! Robin van der Laan!? Google says ... played 86 games in Holland at two very small clubs and over 300 games in England! (at very small clubs as well) Reuser failed in Holland as well, also counts for Augustien, De Ridder and Sneekes (didn't he play American Football!?). Most of the others weren't exactly giants here as well :P If you want good players which you know for sure they will make it, (least risk possible) don't look at smaller leagues. A big group of them didn't even succeed in smaller leagues hehe. I'm afraid Bacuna is one of them, so most importantly..
The original poster said he couldn't think of a single dutch midfielder who wasn't great in the premiership, so i provided a list of them. There was no mention of smaller players, bigger players or anything like that

I was taking the piss.

And still you forgot Jos Hooiveld, the man who one day will pass Richard Dunne in the all time own goals list of the Premier League

What stage of his development is Bacuna at and how would you describe his playing style?

Bacuna is basically a piece of raw talent. He is right-footed, very strong, with a high workrate, energetic and quite pacy.

He has the ability to play a full game with intensity and he comes across very eager. His passing is good, but not outstanding. 

Sounds like a Dutch Holman

Bacuna has been played mostly as an attacking midfielder, although he can play on the right wing or at rightback. His play as an attacking midfielder, does at present, leave a lot to be desired, especially as he only created two assists all last season. I heard he only cost £850k+, so I don't suppose he will be too much of a gamble, especially if he doesn't work out as an AM and gets converted to a winger or full/wing back successfully.

With that record on assists one would hope that Lambert has purchased him as a utility player rather than the quality AM we need.

We already have that quality attacking midfielder... Fabian Delph

NO

With that record on assists one would hope that Lambert has purchased him as a utility player rather than the quality AM we need.

Fabian "no goals in 4 years" Delph?

Fabian "plagued by unfortunate injuries and after a near enough full season finally starting to show some of the potential he was signed for " Delph

Fingers crossed Delph is one of the big players next season and has a massive impact.

Fabian "plagued by unfortunate injuries and after a near enough full season finally starting to show some of the potential he was signed for " Delph

Fingers crossed Delph is one of the big players next season and has a massive impact.

He's becoming a very good player, but he's not the attacking midfielder RimmyJimmer is hoping for

Hmm yeah after that chairman came out speaking it got cold. Popov did however want to move so if Lambert wants him then we probably will.

Popov did the speaking on his own, revealing or at least confirming Villa's interest. Might just be that Lambie didn't appreciate that.

And still you forgot Jos Hooiveld, the man who one day will pass Richard Dunne in the all time own goals list of the Premier League

dont think so Dunne was a good defender meant he got to play longer. Hooiveld is absolute garbage, might not get 2 more seasons to break the record :P

NO

man_from_del_monte.jpg

YES

Either you are joking or have no idea what an attacking midfielder looks like.

Delph is neither an attacking midfielder or a defensive midfielder.. or even a box to box.

This is his problem. Has failed to nail down a spot. I dont think Lambert wants the trio of sylla delph and westwood as starters. good for rotation and depth purposes but i think Bacuna will partner westwood and a new AM in the midfield.

Delph is neither an attacking midfielder or a defensive midfielder.. or even a box to box.

This is his problem. Has failed to nail down a spot. I dont think Lambert wants the trio of sylla delph and westwood as starters. good for rotation and depth purposes but i think Bacuna will partner westwood and a new AM in the midfield.

Have you seen Bacuna? He's pretty average. We need Sylla for DM unless we get someone better. 

I think it's slipped under the radar a bit that Lambert has bought a left winger and a right winger this window. I think Bacuna and Tonev are plan B for if/when plan A isn't working

Good point P3te.

I would quite like to see a 4-4-2 with Helenius and Benteke up front. Maybe Lambert has seen a gap in the Premier League now that Pulis has gone!