Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I was at the most boring training course all day, so frustrated unable to pick up any social media on my phone due to lack of signal in the venue, then I get home at 4.55 and it's happy days!!

Not sure with this signing, I'm chuffed to bits with Okore but I have no evidence at present to say whether this guy could be the next Young, or maybe the next Dawkins. No doubt the fee will have been relatively low, he's a good age, and it's not the lengthiest of contracts so no negatives from that point of view.  

If it works out for him then terrific! Welcome Leandro, show us what you're about son.

Bacuna is not a very good signing. I don't want to bring you guys down but he's very average and certainly not better than Holman. Bacuna has been criticised quite a few times this season because of his mentality towards the team and manager. He's quite full of himself and arrogant and can go over the top with tackles sometimes.

He prefers to play as a number 10 behind the strikers but can operate in right midfield as well.

Mid-table Championship player at best.

2009/10 FC Groningen 20 2 Eredivisie 2010/11 FC Groningen 24 0 Eredivisie 2011/12 FC Groningen 32 7 Eredivisie 2012/13 FC Groningen 33 5 Eredivisie   Totalen: 109 14

Bacuna is not a very good signing. I don't want to bring you guys down but he's very average and certainly not better than Holman. Bacuna has been criticised quite a few times this season because of his mentality towards the team and manager. He's quite full of himself and arrogant and can go over the top with tackles sometimes.

He prefers to play as a number 10 behind the strikers but can operate in right midfield as well.

2009/10 FC Groningen 20 2 Eredivisie 2010/11 FC Groningen 24 0 Eredivisie 2011/12 FC Groningen 32 7 Eredivisie 2012/13 FC Groningen 33 5 Eredivisie   Totalen: 109 14

Deserves a chance though. Look at the Genk fans with Benteke.

Oh wow! Welcome Leandro! What a fantastic day.

"Campaigning for the removal of The Mirror as a valid source of anything"  Think you'll find the Mirror was the first English paper to mention Leandro as a Villa target.

Thats irrelevant now. He's at a new team now - Aston Villa. For all we know he could fit in well and just explode onto the scene. 

Oh wow! Welcome Leandro! What a fantastic day.

"Campaigning for the removal of The Mirror as a valid source of anything"  Think you'll find the Mirror was the first English paper to mention Leandro as a Villa target.

And Hitler built the Autobahns.

I guess we'll wait and see. I get the impression that he is someone to fill a role within the 'squad' and is unlikely to play regularly unless he does really well. 

Either way, he's not cost us a lot so if he fails then it's not a big deal. 

Link

FC Groningen is not the most noteworthy club, but still one that produces talents. Luis Suarez, one of the better strikers walking around on European pitches enjoyed part of his youthful years at FC Groningen. Aston Villa have reportedly sign 21-year old midfielder Leandro Bacuna, it’s time to take a closer look at the prospect.
Dutch Football Profile

Name: Leandro Bacuna
Date of birth: 12-09-1991
Club: FC Groningen / Aston Villa
Position: Midfield / Attack

Bacuna started playing football for amateur club GVAV Rapiditas, he was known as a talented player, and in 2002 FC Groningen picked up the youngster. Bacuna went through all the FC Groningen youth teams and on 2009, 30 August made his Eredivisie debut against PSV. It would be a good season for the young midfielder, as he would feature in 20 league appearances, scoring two goals.
After his breakthrough season, Bacuna remained at FC Groningen and his importance would grow in the squad. The upcoming seasons, Leandro would conquer a regular place in the starting eleven. In total, he has played in 121 league matches, scoring 17 goals.
Leandro also featured for Holland under 19 (6caps) and Holland under 21 (9). The midfielder is left out of the current Netherlands under 21 squad because of heavy competition on the midfield.

Style
Leandro Bacuna is a very versatile player; different coaches have lined him up on every midfield/attacking position. He has even been forced to play as a right back.
Despite is versatility; Leandro prefers playing as a centre midfielder, at the same time it is also his best position.
Bacuna excels when playing as a box-to-box midfielder. His pace allows him to making searing runs from midfield towards the enemy box. Bacuna’s work ethic is second to none, although a game only lasts for 90 minutes; the midfielder always seems up for another round. Tireless is a good way to describe him. In my opinion, Bacuna is very comparable to Ramires, although slightly less on technical terms, his work-rate; drive forward and strength are very similar to the Brazilian midfielder.
Leandro is decent in most footballing aspects, not excelling at them, but his passing, finishing, dribbling and defensive capabilities are somewhat average. However there’s one thing he’s very good at: long range shots and free kicks. Bacuna has a thunderous right foot, and he’s not afraid to use it.
Below’s video depicts this feat very well:

His mentality is fine, many young players would not like it if they were switched around position. Complaining is not a part of Bacuna, when he was told he had to line-up as a right-back, he said: “ Although it is not my favorable position, I still believe it’s fun to play there, and we’ll see what it brings.”
Bacuna is very talented and still only 21 years of age. The switching of position has advantages and disadvantages. Despite learning a great deal of both offensive and defensive skills, it is time for Bacuna to focus on one position and develop into a formidable player.

• Like 1

I don't get a great feeling from this signing but I know nothing about him and he's only young so everyone has to get a chance! It's exciting times though with these types of signings!

No one got a great feeling from Benteke, Lowton, Westwood or Sylla... Give the kid a chance and trust Lambert... He wouldnt have signed the lad if he didnt think he had something to prove or he could do something... Forget Dawkins... If Lambert thought he was worth it in the long haul, he would have signed him... not loaned him!

• Like 1

No one got a great feeling from Benteke, Lowton, Westwood or Sylla... Give the kid a chance and trust Lambert... He wouldnt have signed the lad if he didnt think he had something to prove or he could do something... Forget Dawkins... If Lambert thought he was worth it in the long haul, he would have signed him... not loaned him!

This

Thats irrelevant now. He's at a new team now - Aston Villa. For all we know he could fit in well and just explode onto the scene. 

True, but it would be foolish to completely disregard his past. People don't change overnight. 

Can't be worse than Holman, Holman couldn't trap a wet bag of cement. 

Well **** me, there's another...

What the **** am I going to do in July?

I know, it's immense!

July, hmmm, it'll be weird not worrying that we still need at least 5 players.

Edited by Tomaszk