Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Last season I couldn't stand this guy and never wanted him to play for us again (more than any other of other losers).However, he has worked so hard for the team and shown a completely different attitude this yr. He's still not great on the ball, but certainly does his bit for the team

Yep pretty much the same from me as on the Gary Gardner thread.  Been very solid but needs replacing with if we are going to push on. But we know he will be reliable and do a good job if needed,  which he will with injuries and suspensions etc. 

Bruce has really got to grips with the Midfield.  Just need more creativity now. 

On 22/10/2016 at 16:03, villa89 said:

With Tishbola out of favour this clown is probably our best central midfielder. No wonder we can't keep the ball.

What a completely classless thing to say. 

We don't keep the ball, in my opinion, because we don't want to keep the ball. Bacuna wasn't at his best yesterday, but as a unit they are functioning well. Good that we have Tish to come into the mix also.

Much better than it was a couple of weeks ago. All round. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hate to break it to you but Bacuna is not going to make a massive difference at all, it is utterly paramount that we sign quality in midfield this January.

If he just made one tackle or interception he would be a massive improvement :P

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hate to break it to you but Bacuna is not going to make a massive difference at all, it is utterly paramount that we sign quality in midfield this January.

Not expecting him to be a gamechanger, but he should be starting ahead of, well, whoever.

The issue under RDM was we didn't play a 3 man or even a 2 man midfield and the hallowed solution was Jedinak who started off terrible. But Tish and Bacuna weren't doing badly. Then Gardener was given a decent enough rennaisance and Bacuna got injured, Jed started to come good.

Tish hasn't got a look in and Bacuna is now fit, yet Westwood and Gardener are the terrible go to midfield for Bruce and Gabby has become a viable attacking option and not put in one single display that makes him worthy of a start.

I want to see his return asap alongside Jedi and either Westwood / Tish as they can do the running for Jedi and let him concentrate on staying in front of the two CBs. Look how easy that goal tonight would be stopped if he could stay central with confidence