Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Hutton is the better player, not saying Hutton is that good, but I certainly believe he's better than Bacuna at pretty much everything. 

Amazing how people see football. I'm completely the opposite.

I'm with the good Doctor.

Hutton is comfortably the better player.

Bacuna has the edge on set plays.  Hutton has basically everything else, but more importantly he has the clear edge on positioning and defensive responsibility, and in a fragile side that is absolutely vital.

I think they are both a weak link currently.

Bacuna clearly delivers the better ball more consistently and he is quicker. 

Hutton pretty much wins out in every other area for me but not by great margins. I'd agree he's the better full back but its not saying much.

Debating who is better out of Hutton and Bacuna is like trying to decide which turd to polish

They are both bench players at best

Agreed, Both need replacing. Hopefully ilori and Okore returning to fitness will give the Manager enough options to bin the pair of them.

Hutton gets into loads of decent positions but his crossing is generally awful. Never shies away from receiving the ball though.

He could have prevented Liverpool's opening goal on Sat though, the ball was loose from Moreno's feet and there to be won but Hutton decided to leave it.

Edited by Tom13

• 4 weeks later...

I was surprised by the team selection yesterday which put him and Hutton in the side together, but could see the logic of it and I thought it worked a lot better than whatever is going on on the left of our defence/midfield. I think he deserves his place in the team albeit that our midfield looks quite lightweight and needs more strength in the centre defensive position.