Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

First decent free-kick taker we've had for a long time. Ash banged a few in but was never consistent.

A world class free kick.

Ash was amazing at free kicks, every time we got a free kick within shooting range, you knew it was destined for the top corner

First decent free-kick taker we've had for a long time. Ash banged a few in but was never consistent.

A world class free kick.

Ash was amazing at free kicks, every time we got a free kick within shooting range, you knew it was destined for the top corner

I be surprised if he scored more than 3 for us. only one i remember was against Blackburn

now Nobby Solano, that guy could take a free kick

I'm starting to think he's going to be this seasons Benteke. When Lambert regains confidence in Lowton or buys another right back and moves Bacuna into midfield we will see the best of him.

I think the spell at right back has been great for his settling in period.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think he's going to be this seasons Benteke. When Lambert regains confidence in Lowton or buys another right back and moves Bacuna into midfield we will see the best of him.

I think the spell at right back has been great for his settling in period.

hah, I came to post this. :)

He is growing into this league. He ran the full 90, was everwhere on the pitch, made many quality passes and had a nice free kick as a topper.

Very very good.

• Like 1

He's looking good. If he keeps this up over the course of the season we'll have a decent player on our hands - as others have said, I think he'll move back into midfield at some point and I think having him and Delph in the middle could help us a fair bit.

10761499275_ce40c29e2b_o.gif

A good 35-yards out?

Kozaks' reaction???

Maybe he's just someone who's constantly thinking. I'm like that, if I were on the field as soon as the free kick went I'm id be thinking about how did it work and stuff like that. Just because people don't react the same way you would or the way others do doesn't mean they don't care, just have a different personality.

Just watched the game back on Sky, Bacuna was actually immense. All over the pitch he was making passes, tackles and obviously his goal.

Really hope he keeps his form going as I reckon he could turn out being one of our best players this season.

Surprisingly .. From being the most boring signing .. To almost the best signing !

I'm just watching the replay .. They're showing the picture on him .. And players are greeting him .. Which is nice .. lol << I know it's irrelavent but It came when I was writing the post ..

Anyway .. Nice to have a quality free kick taker .. He's good with the ball .. and have a good confidence .. One of our best players so far ..

Bacuna .. Delph .. Vlaar ..

Ofcourse Benteke .. and Gabby for couple of games ..

I'm really excited with Tonev too .. think he'll earn a first team spot soon hopefully ..

Btw .. I still prefer Lowton on front of Bacuna .. We could change sometimes .. But Bacuna is better defensively .. and it depends on the match anyway ..

• Like 1

Surprisingly .. From being the most boring signing .. To almost the best signing !

I'm just watching the replay .. They're showing the picture on him .. And players are greeting him .. Which is nice .. lol << I know it's irrelavent but It came when I was writing the post ..

Anyway .. Nice to have a quality free kick taker .. He's good with the ball .. and have a good confidence .. One of our best players so far ..

Bacuna .. Delph .. Vlaar ..

Ofcourse Benteke .. and Gabby for couple of games ..

I'm really excited with Tonev too .. think he'll earn a first team spot soon hopefully ..

Btw .. I still prefer Lowton on front of Bacuna .. We could change sometimes .. But Bacuna is better defensively .. and it depends on the match anyway ..

Agree with most of this although I'd say Baccuna is also a better defender than Lowton.

Thought Baccuna struggled in midfield against Liverpool but will give him the benefit of the doubt given it was his first start.

If ha could match the performances he's shown at RB in midfield then we'll have some player on our hands.

Baccuna, Benteke & Guzan are the 1st 3 names on the team sheet for me. Add Delph to that when he's back.

Interesting player.

Good technique when given a bit of time like a FK, but his general play can be really sloppy and he doesn't come across as someone who is in full control of the back. Certainly doesn't normally look as comfortable on it as Lowton did last season.

Can we get him corners with whip like that please?