Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

**** me this is starting to get very good.

I said last year I wanted more excitement in the team. Tonev and this guy look like they'd add it.

Don't think it's a Benteke replacement. If we sell Benteke I think we will replace with a big money signing.

I bloody love this club at the moment. We're looking at the stars of tomorrow. These players all seem to be exciting and full of potential. If they don't fulfil that potential we haven't shelled out ridiculous sums, but if they do we will have a very good team and players that may earn us big fees if they move on. It's so refreshing after the players that we were bringing in a couple of year ago.

THIS is the way to move forward.

THIS is the way to the bright future.

THIS... IS... SPARTAAAAAAAAAAA

Welcome Helenius.

Although as this was confirmed but Okore wasn't... hmmm

Difficult to deny this one as it was on the Aalborg site.

I too am excite and if I grew a tash would look similar to that beautiful man above, Ron Swanson.

no what I meant was, I still don't get the certainty around Okore. This one looks certain, but nothing from avfc re okore. Doesn't mean much itself as we don't comment on all of them, and they might be at different stages of negotiation, but just supports my reservations about how interested we are in Okore at the moment

7.5m Danish Krone (the bid that was allegedly rejected) equates to about £850k.

Has this been confirmed? I've just been sat here watching youtube vids of the lad and thinking 'not bad, £7 million looks like it could be money well spent, well done Lambo', but if it's 7.5m Danish Krone and it's going to cost less than a million quid, I am utterly blown away!

Interesting for the OS to announce they're in discussions for a player perhaps as many as 10 days before confirming the deal. It's quite a big break from the norm. I'm not even sure I like the new approach. Unlike some others, I prefer the OS to tell us when deals are done.

• Like 2

Story is still on the site, just have to click through to all latest news.

So, people who have seen him play, what's he like? A tip from Martin Laursen would also be nice.

He'll help Okore settle in too... Ah fantastic news.

As I said in my May 23rd post, he is basically a bag full of raw potential.

For such a tall player he flashes very good ball control skills. Much like Benteke he is not afraid to run at defenders. He's very cool with regards his shot making. Not as much of a solid unit as Benteke by any means but still a presence who is capable of linking up play up front.

He could become something special, likewise there is a risk as with all youngsters he may never reach those heights. He'll certainly have a fair bit of adapting to do to the Premier League but Danish players have usually been a success over here. In interviews I've read he seems to come across very well showing a keen desire to improve his abilities as a player.

From the sounds of it he will come across with Okore to help them both settle in easier. I imagine we're still interested in Popov for the same reasons with Tonev too.

Frankly, I love the way the club is doing their transfer business this summer thus far. Picking out emerging talents who are eager to improve.

Edited by Wes
  • Like 1

I bloody love this club at the moment. We're looking at the stars of tomorrow. These players all seem to be exciting and full of potential. If they don't fulfil that potential we haven't shelled out ridiculous sums, but if they do we will have a very good team and players that may earn us big fees if they move on. It's so refreshing after the players that we were bringing in a couple of year ago.

THIS is the way to move forward.

THIS is the way to the bright future.

THIS... IS... SPARTAAAAAAAAAAA

Welcome Helenius.

TONIGHT, WE DINE IN HELENIUS!

Which would just be a very weird thing to say actually.

Welcome Nicklas! Please be better than your Arsenal namesake

Edited by Spoony

Interesting for the OS to announce they're in discussions for a player perhaps as many as 10 days before confirming the deal. It's quite a big break from the norm. I'm not even sure I like the new approach. Unlike some others, I prefer the OS to tell us when deals are done.

I think they've had their hand forced by those pesky Danes.