Jores Okore

Jesperchr

So I must be the second Danish fan who starts sympathizing with Aston Villa because of Okore. Since I've read must of the thread I can see that there is a lot of positive buzz about Okore and that great because he definitely has a huge potential. But there will definitely be some challenges...

Wen FCN plays in the danish league, they in almost every game have more than 60% ball possesion. Furthermore, they consequently push up high on the pitch which always leaves Okore at his best. Chasing opponents down one on one. Just like you saw in the video where he showed his tremendous pace against Moses. In this element of the game I believe that he already now is an absolute world class player. But if you instead of looking at the Okore highlights of the CFC game look at the 4 goals Chelsea score against FCN you can also see some of his current limitations. His in the box placement is in my oppinion underdeveloped due to the fact that FCN seldomly comes under a high pressure for longer periods.

And this is where I can see adaption challenges for Okore at Villa. As one of you guys wrote, Villa conceded quite a bit of goals last season so I presume that you won't push the game as much forward as FCN does in DK and therefore he might not be in his best element. I believe he will learn over time, and turn out to be class defender like Martin Laursen was for years.

His great advantage over Martin Laursen is the fact that he wants to play football and not just kick the ball away. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain the passing level as he had in DK now since there is a much higher tempo and presuure in the premier league.

Well, that was my 5 cents... I am definitely coming over in the spring to see Villa if he makes it to the starting 11. But it is very hard for me to judge if he is better than what you currently have.

If you have any questions I am very willing to answer them. I have basically seen every game the last two seasons.

I do have one question at least FCN: Are people in Denmark aware that we love and adore Martin Laursen and that everyone in Denmark has kudos at Aston Villa because of him?

We have never yet recovered from his retirement. We were chasing Champions' League football until that moment, and we've struggled ever since.

He was a great no bullshit player. Unfortunately he finished of his national career a bit weak which have shattered a bit of his shine i DK. But it has always been recognized that we was a fan hero in Villa. 

Apparently he's only on 15k p/w.

Well thats more than what he had per month in FC Nordsjælland. FCN signed a long-term contract with him when he was 18 just before he was elected to his first Under-21 national National Team. He had a salary in FCN at app. 7k per month.

Even though football salaries are much lower in Denmark it was known to be one of the most favourable salaries for any Danish Club taken his quality into consideration.

So I must be the second Danish fan who starts sympathizing with Aston Villa because of Okore. Since I've read must of the thread I can see that there is a lot of positive buzz about Okore and that great because he definitely has a huge potential. But there will definitely be some challenges...

Wen FCN plays in the danish league, they in almost every game have more than 60% ball possesion. Furthermore, they consequently push up high on the pitch which always leaves Okore at his best. Chasing opponents down one on one. Just like you saw in the video where he showed his tremendous pace against Moses. In this element of the game I believe that he already now is an absolute world class player. But if you instead of looking at the Okore highlights of the CFC game look at the 4 goals Chelsea score against FCN you can also see some of his current limitations. His in the box placement is in my oppinion underdeveloped due to the fact that FCN seldomly comes under a high pressure for longer periods.

And this is where I can see adaption challenges for Okore at Villa. As one of you guys wrote, Villa conceded quite a bit of goals last season so I presume that you won't push the game as much forward as FCN does in DK and therefore he might not be in his best element. I believe he will learn over time, and turn out to be class defender like Martin Laursen was for years.

His great advantage over Martin Laursen is the fact that he wants to play football and not just kick the ball away. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain the passing level as he had in DK now since there is a much higher tempo and presuure in the premier league.

Well, that was my 5 cents... I am definitely coming over in the spring to see Villa if he makes it to the starting 11. But it is very hard for me to judge if he is better than what you currently have.

If you have any questions I am very willing to answer them. I have basically seen every game the last two seasons.

Agree

Could very well become a new chant from the terraces?

There will be a million of  them. Mine's  going to be chanted  to   "That's Amore!"  as  follows:-

When the ball hits the wall and a Villan whose tall -

That's Okore!

He's better  than Dunne  and our  Number One!

That's Okore!

The  signing of Okore is exciting enough by itself, but when you add in the other signings a lot of   Villa  fans   can't wait to  see Okore and the lads ITSOTP !

On that  level excitement  I agree with the  sentiments in this  article. http://tinyurl.com/m597aoj

Apologies if this  has already been posted.

yeah it has to be Thats Amore for Okore.. someone need to come up with a brilliant one. I dont like dissing Dunne in it.. something more positive about Okore.

When the ball hits the sty from a clearance miles high

That's Okore

Forward falls on his face, won't be beaten for pace

That's Okore

Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll sing "Up the Villa"
The boys will play tippy-tappy-tay, tippy-tappy-tay

Another Villa Park thriller

Sorry. It's late. I can't do any better

When your forwards can't score 'cos they've hit a brick wall that's Okore.

With a smile on his face he will do you for pace that's Okore.

Hear the Holte End sing, Jores is our Jores is our king, and he's a big fella.

Hear the Villa roar, you're not gonna score you're not gonna score,'cos he's gonna get ya.

Wheeen youuuur forwards can't score cos they've hit a brick wall that's Okore, that's Okore, that's Okore!

Edited by villarocker

“I have a good feeling it was the right decision to turn down Chelsea,” said Okore.

“I feel that I have arrived at a club that believes in me.

“The manager has said all the right things and that has caught my attention. This is going to be good.”

It's hard not to love this guy already.

Some pretty big shoes to step into.....I get goosebumps whenever I recall watching God. And we've already had two pretty darned good Viking invaders, who pillaged and ravaged at will.

I'm getting a good feeling again and he has'nt kicked a ball yet!

This guy looks like he could become a great player.

I'd still be cautious because I think he's going to need some time to adapt, I'd be super impressed if he hits the ground running though. He has that great commodity of pace which is invaluable in this league and will also mean he can atone for any positional errors.

Can't wait to see him play.

Â