Jores Okore

Jesperchr

If fact you could say we are ourselves copying Dortmund.

Not only could you say it, you should say it. We are unashamedly copying their philosophy.

Wonder whats selling our club so well that players as coveted as Okore are happy to sign.

There's probably no other club in top flight European football as attractive for young, unestablished players as we are. They're all looking at Benteke's success and wanting it for themselves. The potential issue there is the same one we've seen with Arsenal, though, in that once they've had a good season or 2, they'll want to be off. That's only a problem if they're not adequately replaced

That's quite an exaggeration. We seem to be doing things the right way and promoting young talent but we are not the only top flight club in Europe with this policy. If fact you could say we are ourselves copying Dortmund.  

If you'd said the only Premier League club then I'd agree with you. 

Nah, I don't think it's an exaggeration, purely because the Premier League is the big money shot for players. It's far more attractive purely because they can earn more. A young player in the first team squad of a Prem club will make more than a star player at most other non-CL european top-flight clubs. We're copying Dortmund for sure, but I'll wager players in the 19-22 age bracket that we're going for would rather join us than them because they'll be more likely to make an impression here and, if they're  so inclined, sign somewhere else for huge wages (relatively speaking) down the line

I think we may well see three at the back for some games.

........Okore....Vlaar....Baker........

I hope not

Only when we're 4 up :)

I think Baker has a small chance but I'd be surprised if our first choice central pairing wasn't Vlaar & Okore once everything settles down. I think I'd be concerned if I was Clark, although his injury makes it less clear whether it is he or Baker in pole position.

Okore looks like he has all the attributes of a very good midfield player to me, add to that the fact hes only 6ft and with what we all seen with Barry. It may well be why he signed for us.......On the other hand it maybe why Clark hasn't signed.

Looks a great player where ever he plays....happy days  

I hope not
You can hope, but I think we will. Okore won't be first choice either. I think Vlaar and Baker will be ahead of him.

I think Baker has a small chance but I'd be surprised if our first choice central pairing wasn't Vlaar & Okore once everything settles down. I think I'd be concerned if I was Clark, although his injury makes it less clear whether it is he or Baker in pole position.

Okore looks like he has all the attributes of a very good midfield player to me, add to that the fact hes only 6ft and with what we all seen with Barry. It may well be why he signed for us.......On the other hand it maybe why Clark hasn't signed.

Looks a great player where ever he plays....happy days

I doubt we'll see us changing his position at this stage.

I hope not
You can hope, but I think we will

Last year showed it just doesn't work though. So unless he fancies Tonev and Bacuna for his wing backs, I can't see it going back on the table

Edited by P3te

I hope not
You can hope, but I think we will. Okore won't be first choice either. I think Vlaar and Baker will be ahead of him.

We might, once or twice. Perhaps during games though, I very much doubt we will be starting them like so.

The only reason we ever went down that road was due to the players we had available at the time. The experiment failed, miserably. Lambert may, occasionally, take his time learning these lessons but learn them he does.

I hope not

No chance.

We let in a shit load of goals last year. This guy is coming in to start and help us improve.

He could have gone to bigger teams to fight for a place and wait for his chance. He came here to play.

Like Benteke he might be eased in slowly but he's been signed as a starter.

• Like 1

Â