Jores Okore

Jesperchr

He has a very jolly smile.

0,,10265~12006528,00.jpg

this picture just made me wnat to say 'what you talking about willis..."

great signing and more excitement about the club....

as to why these guys are signing for us, is there any other club that has such a collection of young and exciting talent that will have a real shot at the first team in one of the greatest leagues.... no downside for them coming here - if they back themselves, they are going to get the chance to play against some of the best talent around in a team of equally young and fearless players...

i really can't think of a better set up for a young player who backs themselves to be a top class player in a couple of years and is looking for the opportunity to show that to the rest of the world...

UTV

Dear Mr O'Neill

This is what happens if you (a) realize that a world exists beyond the United Kingdom, and (B) you don't turn off your fudging phone for the duration of the fudging transfer window.

PS Enjoy your obscurity in retirement.

PSS We are doing fine, really really fine. How about you.?

• Like 2

I dunno we've had 3 pretty dire seasons in truth, so I wouldn't say fine. Can't believe it's taken this long to finally recover or nearly fully recover from O'Neil's reign. 4 more big wage grabbers to go soon. GIven, Hutton, Bent & Ireland and then we're good to go and we've finally started a fresh.

• Like 2

I dunno we've had 3 pretty dire seasons in truth, so I wouldn't say fine. Can't believe it's taken this long to finally recover or nearly fully recover from O'Neil's reign. 4 more big wage grabbers to go soon. GIven, Hutton, Bent & Ireland and then we're good to go and we've finally started a fresh.

none of whom were signed by him
  • Like 1

Dear Mr O'Neill

This is what happens if you (a) realize that a world exists beyond the United Kingdom, and ( B) you don't turn off your fudging phone for the duration of the fudging transfer window.

PS Enjoy your obscurity in retirement.

I hereby announce the introduction for the 2013/4 season of the "briny_ear award for the most pointless and irrelevant mention of Martin O'Neill in a thread".

You are well up there with this contribution.

BTW, on the highlighted bit. There is a lot of positivity around VT at the moment, which is a welcome change, but there is a risk it can slip over the line into self-delusion. 

I think you just slipped. Describing our recent history as "really really fine" is funny.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

We do play quite a high line at times yes. The table lies a little, we progressed over the season (Paul Lamberts first) into a high scoring attacking side who try to keep possession well. We're also very quick on the break, I can see this lad being an asset there.

Our defensive record is poor yes, but Okore seems to play in our "style" too so if he can be an improvement over the players we have at what we do then we should improve that.

Welcome Danish Villans!

• Like 2

I hereby announce the introduction for the 2013/4 season of the "briny_ear award for the most pointless and irrelevant mention of Martin O'Neill in a thread".

You are well up there with this contribution.

BTW, on the highlighted bit. There is a lot of positivity around VT at the moment, which is a welcome change, but there is a risk it can slip over the line into self-delusion. 

I think you just slipped. Describing our recent history as "really really fine" is funny.

We are all safe in the knowledge that you as O'Neill's bodyguard will respond to every single remark about our former manager and ensure his reputation is not tarnished. At the same time drawing attention to something your actually trying to prevent, i'm sure if O'Neill wasn't such a cu*t he would thank you.

• Like 2

So I must be the second Danish fan who starts sympathizing with Aston Villa because of Okore. Since I've read must of the thread I can see that there is a lot of positive buzz about Okore and that great because he definitely has a huge potential. But there will definitely be some challenges...

Wen FCN plays in the danish league, they in almost every game have more than 60% ball possesion. Furthermore, they consequently push up high on the pitch which always leaves Okore at his best. Chasing opponents down one on one. Just like you saw in the video where he showed his tremendous pace against Moses. In this element of the game I believe that he already now is an absolute world class player. But if you instead of looking at the Okore highlights of the CFC game look at the 4 goals Chelsea score against FCN you can also see some of his current limitations. His in the box placement is in my oppinion underdeveloped due to the fact that FCN seldomly comes under a high pressure for longer periods.

And this is where I can see adaption challenges for Okore at Villa. As one of you guys wrote, Villa conceded quite a bit of goals last season so I presume that you won't push the game as much forward as FCN does in DK and therefore he might not be in his best element. I believe he will learn over time, and turn out to be class defender like Martin Laursen was for years.

His great advantage over Martin Laursen is the fact that he wants to play football and not just kick the ball away. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain the passing level as he had in DK now since there is a much higher tempo and presuure in the premier league.

Well, that was my 5 cents... I am definitely coming over in the spring to see Villa if he makes it to the starting 11. But it is very hard for me to judge if he is better than what you currently have.

If you have any questions I am very willing to answer them. I have basically seen every game the last two seasons.

I do have one question at least FCN: Are people in Denmark aware that we love and adore Martin Laursen and that everyone in Denmark has kudos at Aston Villa because of him?

We have never yet recovered from his retirement. We were chasing Champions' League football until that moment, and we've struggled ever since.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 1

Â