Jores Okore

Jesperchr

On a separate note it's good to see us signing Scandanavian players again, Most adapt to the prem and culture well enough and some of our most popular and best players in the last 10 years have been Mellberg, Laursen and Carew so smart move by Lambert.

Don't forget Leonardhsen.

He was a good player in his prime. we signed him at 32

He replaced Boateng and Merson with Kinsella and Leonhardsen.

No really, he did.

Please don't bring me back to that bad place :lol: That Villa side was worse than anything McLeish ever put out.

He replaced Boateng and Merson with Kinsella and Leonhardsen.

No really, he did.

Please don't bring me back to that bad place :lol: That Villa side was worse than anything McLeish ever put out.

Yep. Astonishing we never went down. Awful, turgid shite, week after week. Absolutely no hope either. Though if you look at the squad list on Wiki they weren't that bad. More or less the same squad base that O'Leary nearly fluked into the champions league. Not a million miles from the one O'Neill took over either! Christ we were stagnant... And people wonder why we wanted Ellis out?

Ulises de la Cruz... *Shudder*

Going way off topic but that forward line of Vassell, Angel, Dublin, Crouch and Allback was on paper a top attack and not a team that finished 16th I think.

Indeed.

Though it is worth highlighting some things. Statistically we were better than we were this season. More points, better goal difference etc etc, but would anyone swap this Aston Villa, owner included, for that one?

The more he says the more I like him.

He said: 'I just wanted to get the MRI scan done quickly. Boy was I wrong.

'I was placed in the scanner and started a two-hour session. I have to remain completely quiet.

'I'm listening to the radio and I'm wondering what it will be like. How my new life in Birmingham will be.

'Will I speak English with a British twang?

'But I dozed off after half-an-hour and woke up an hour later.

'I just thought to myself: "S**t, this is taking a decade."

'I started to feel a bit on edge but fortunately for me, the MRI scan was fine.'

Haha! Oh boy do I hope he's as good as billed because I'm falling in love.

Link for that article?

DailyMail

Fantastic. In tribute, I have changed my avatar to Jores. My new cult hero.

Going way off topic but that forward line of Vassell, Angel, Dublin, Crouch and Allback was on paper a top attack and not a team that finished 16th I think.

Sadly football is played on grass.

Someone really should tell McLeish this as well.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway. Okore for #5 yeah?

No, Baker for #5.

I want Baker to get #5 i think he's earned it and Lambert clearly has plans for him or wouldn't be tying him down on a longer improved contract. Okore prefers the #2 shirt, wore it at his last club and i imagine he'll want to wear it again

Â