Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I agree. However i would like to see Richards at RB and a new signing CB in January to partner Okore. The reverse works as well if we sign a new RB and keep Richards at CB. Depends who is available.

RICHARDS ISN'T GOING TO PLAY RIGHT BACK 

As agreed with Sherwood. If I was manager, he'd do as he's told, and I'd like to think it's the same with Garde.

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

RICHARDS ISN'T GOING TO PLAY RIGHT BACK 

Why the fark not? He is a RB. We have a new manager who didnt sign him with any agreements to have to play him. If the manager wants him at RB.. to save this club... HE WILL PLAY RIGHT BACK.

Richards has admitted himself that he can't play RB anymore. Sometimes as your body changes you can't do the same things as before, fair play for the guy for adjusting. Plenty of players have done it. Can you imagine Barry playing left back now? 

We're already having fans start to comment that 'old sicknote' is back. How would you feel if Richards had to have 6-7 games off after every game at RB  because he's done something in?

I'm sure if it we got to the cup final, or on the last day of the season to stay up, and we had 2 QUALITY CB's and absolutely no RB's at all it might go out the window, but 99% of the time, no chance. 

39 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Richards has admitted himself that he can't play RB anymore. Sometimes as your body changes you can't do the same things as before, fair play for the guy for adjusting. Plenty of players have done it. Can you imagine Barry playing left back now? 

We're already having fans start to comment that 'old sicknote' is back. How would you feel if Richards had to have 6-7 games off after every game at RB  because he's done something in?

I'm sure if it we got to the cup final, or on the last day of the season to stay up, and we had 2 QUALITY CB's and absolutely no RB's at all it might go out the window, but 99% of the time, no chance. 

He might've said that only because he wants to play at CB. He's still got the pace and energy for it, I really don't see the problem.

8 hours ago, KSV said:

Why the fark not? He is a RB. We have a new manager who didnt sign him with any agreements to have to play him. If the manager wants him at RB.. to save this club... HE WILL PLAY RIGHT BACK.

No. He won't. 

We signed him as a centreback, have been playing him as a centreback, and he's been one of our best players at centreback.

Why on earth would we move him?

• Like 2

The guy wants to be a cb, was signed because we wanted him to play as cb, has been one of our better players at cb. 

How is moving him from his best position whilst annoying and upsetting our captain and one of the few players who gives a shit going to help us?

• Like 2

Our defense in my opinion has been better since Richards' injury. Even though he has been one of our better players this season, force him to play right back so that Jores can continue playing in the center. Excited to see how good Okore can get if the continues to get game, 

he must be easy to play with at center back, as last season Clark partnered him and look good but has looked crap since Okore's injury, this season Lescott has become A LOT better since becoming Okores center back partner. 

Edited by Chicken Field

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No. He won't. 

We signed him as a centreback, have been playing him as a centreback, and he's been one of our best players at centreback.

Why on earth would we move him?

That's opinion based and NOT factual.

Edited by Spray

4 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

Our defense in my opinion has been better since Richards' injury. Even though he has been one of our better players this season, force him to play right back so that Jores can continue playing in the center. Excited to see how good Okore can get if the continues to get game, 

he must be easy to play with at center back, as last season Clark partnered him and look good but has looked crap since Okore's injury, this season Lescott has become A LOT better since becoming Okores center back partner. 

Has it? Southampton could have had 5 goals, Arsenal 2nd goal is the most shambolic goal we ever conceded and Wijnaldum and De Jong had free chances to score on Saturday

plus all 4 goals we conceded have been dreadful

• Like 1

I would agree with you think we have improved since Okore has come in ,but think the main reason is that Richardson isn't playing ,Bacuna has his limitations but is much better .Think Okore should keep his place aswell think its a case of who partners him .

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Has it? Southampton could have had 5 goals, Arsenal 2nd goal is the most shambolic goal we ever conceded and Wijnaldum and De Jong had free chances to score on Saturday

plus all 4 goals we conceded have been dreadful

The last two games Richards played were against Everton (4 goals conceded) and Watford (3 goals). May be harsh looking at just the two last games, but I see improvement, though far from perfection.

4 minutes ago, BigAl said:

I would agree with you think we have improved since Okore has come in ,but think the main reason is that Richardson isn't playing ,Bacuna has his limitations but is much better .Think Okore should keep his place aswell think its a case of who partners him .

That may very well be true xD Bacuna has been suprisingly okay at left back. Okore also has to stay in the team.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Obviously.

But I imagine it's the opinion of the vast majority of fans. And the manager. And the players.

The vast majority of fans think Gabby is a legend and would have him in the team, regardless of how poor he's been for years. What's your point exactly. 

Edited by Spray

4 hours ago, Spray said:

The vast majority of fans think Gabby is a legend and would have him in the team, regardless of how poor he's been for years. What's your point exactly. 

Is that something you just made up?? what "majority" of fans would want gabby back in the side? I have seen nothing of the sort to suggest that

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:
2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Is that something you just made up?? what "majority" of fans would want gabby back in the side? I have seen nothing of the sort to suggest that

Well his IG with 39k followers would be a good place to look. Not just there though, if you think the majority of fans worldwide are anti Gabby than in favour of him, you're pretty delusional. The guy is Villa through and through, didn't you know.

Anyway this isn't the Gabby thread, so I won't be replying any further about him here.

Edited by Spray

Â