Jores Okore

Jesperchr

38 minutes ago, BowenAVFC said:

Nice to see him back on the bench today. Would be interesting to see how he'd play alongside Richards.

Or dare I say instead of? Richards is learning to be a CB whereas it's Okore's natural position. Move Richards to RB and partner Okore with whoever isn't the shittest out of Clark & Lescott. Bring back cissokho & Bennet and I'd be happier about our survival hopes. 

38 minutes ago, BowenAVFC said: Nice to see him back on the bench today. Would be interesting to see how he'd play alongside Richards.

Or dare I say instead of? Richards is learning to be a CB whereas it's Okore's natural position. Move Richards to RB and partner Okore with whoever isn't the shittest out of Clark & Lescott. Bring back cissokho & Bennet and I'd be happier about our survival hopes. 

Going off the game so far I agree with that.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Okore equipped himself well.  Composure, desire, ability, a cool head.  May have two ball-playing centre backs when Richards returns.  Daub some warpaint on Hutton, toss a few landmines under the left side of the Villa Park pitch and we may begin to resemble the dictionary definition of 'defence'.

13 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I wonder why all of our managers, Lambert, Sherwood and Garde have been reluctant to play him? He always does alright but constantly finds himself behind Clark in the pecking order. 

I think because playing Okore would mean that Vlaar had be shifted over to his unnatural left side to accommodate him whereas Clark as a left-footed CB didn't cause that issue.

Pairing him with Richards would cause the same problem. 

• Like 1

Â